• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 scam? - or just absolute cretin on ebay? or BOTH?

24 posts in this topic

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter because anything on ebay can be returned for a refund regardless of the reason.

Not true.

Media, instructions, digital files are somewhat exempt from that perception if the seller argues it. Say you sell a CD that was sealed and the buyer opens it and then wants to return it. eBay does not make you take the return. They allow sellers to retain the same practices that stores allow.

It gets iffy on unsealed media but depending on how well sellers articulate themselves depends on what eBay will do.

I have detailed a few times in here how I called up paypal to argue my point in a matter and the buyer was denied a return by someone that tried something like this. In my case it was an instance of Lego Instructions.

ah. Thanks for the info. That makes sense.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter because anything on ebay can be returned for a refund regardless of the reason.

Not true.

Media, instructions, digital files are somewhat exempt from that perception if the seller argues it. Say you sell a CD that was sealed and the buyer opens it and then wants to return it. eBay does not make you take the return. They allow sellers to retain the same practices that stores allow.

It gets iffy on unsealed media but depending on how well sellers articulate themselves depends on what eBay will do.

I have detailed a few times in here how I called up paypal to argue my point in a matter and the buyer was denied a return by someone that tried something like this. In my case it was an instance of Lego Instructions.