• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 signed by Robert Kirkman

103 posts in this topic

If you were on the same side, you would of been happy that CGC is doing something special for dealers, that otherwise, would of never been done.

That's being part of the solution, NOT THE PROBLEM

Quoting for proof of the most sycophantic SS fanboy post of all time.

I won't rehash what Sean so eloquently stated except to say this. If a program based on trust can't withstand some questioning around very foundational process issues, then what trust remains. Fortunately for the rest of us, CGC has been willing to answer questions and give explanations. I gather that you would prefer they simply ignore it and hope it goes away.

As I thought about last night, and as someone in the modern thread pointed out, there's the possibility that the unsigned copies were watermarked in some way to prevent fake SS. But that only works to the extent that CGC had EVERY copy in front of it at the time. If even 1 copy escaped the printers, then a shadow is cast on every one.

sycophantic - You added an extra C

But back to the issue at hand. If CGC chooses to do this, which they have and will, guess what, it is THEIR right to do so.

As I've stated before, just call CGC and ask them to explain in detail as to why this was allowed, it's that simple. If you don't like the answer CGC gives you, you don't have to. Continue to rant and rave here and see how far or long your voice will be heard.

I can play FAN BOY, or GEEK SQUAD, or whatever else you want to throw at me, but it's called common sense - CGC said that they will grade the signed copies as SS. As far as the unsigned copy that's on e-bay, ask the seller where they bought it/found it. For all we know, it could be a fan made fake.

sycophantic - You added an extra C
Thanks. Fixed.

But back to the issue at hand. If CGC chooses to do this, which they have and will, guess what, it is THEIR right to do so.
No one said they couldn't.

As I've stated before, just call CGC and ask them to explain in detail as to why this was allowed, it's that simple. If you don't like the answer CGC gives you, you don't have to. Continue to rant and rave here and see how far or long your voice will be heard.

I can play FAN BOY, or GEEK SQUAD, or whatever else you want to throw at me, but it's called common sense - CGC said that they will grade the signed copies as SS. As far as the unsigned copy that's on e-bay, ask the seller where they bought it/found it. For all we know, it could be a fan made fake.

You just completely ignored everything Sean posted and I referenced around this program being based on trust and the need to have discussions out in the open about issues like this. Stick your head in the sand and continue on.

CGC themselves said that there are at least 10 blue labels copies. That is dangerous enough. If there are other copies: printer overrun; smuggled to employees; etc.; that's even worse. And it's precisely why this is so problematic.

If you were on the same side, you would of been happy that CGC is doing something special for dealers, that otherwise, would of never been done.

That's being part of the solution, NOT THE PROBLEM

It's would HAVE, not would OF.

Wait...so how does me make me a hypocrite again?
He's pointing out that you were correcting my spelling while having made several grammatical errors yourself. I don't personally care most of the time. I would be content with your actually responding to some of the valid points raised in this thread and the modern one.

He's pointing out that you were correcting my spelling while having made several grammatical errors yourself. I don't personally care most of the time. I would be content with your actually responding to some of the valid points raised in this thread and the modern one.

9969078-businessman-making-the-on-the-nose-gesture-from-the-game-charades--full-body-isolated-on-white.jpg

Let me ask.

How many of you here actually have this book?

Which book? The signed copy? The slabbed blue label unsigned copy? Or the unsigned raw copy?

Well at least you're not whaling about it and I haven't heard you mown.

Let me ask.

How many of you here actually have this book?

Not me. But if the thought is "Don't talk about it if you don't have one," that type of third grade argument is inapposite.

The conversation at the adult's table deals with the potential erosion of the Yellow label's extremely strong underpinnings. There may be a possibility that an unscrupulous person could get an unauthorized book through to an unwarranted yellow label. Not probable, maybe not likely, but possible. That is worthy of discussion, at least for those of us who collect signature only books, and certainly for those of us that have made sizable investments of money and time to help grow SS to where it is today.

I am not saying that any erosion has occurred. What I am saying is that discourse, kept civil and constructive, is never a bad thing for commerce. Especially a product that has such an emotional, nostalgic and personal component to many. Even if there is nothing but pure old fashioned poopstirring going on, which I do not believe, the answer is never, ever "STFU!" in a business scenario.

So stop acting like you are the steward of the program or that you speak for CGC and STFU.

Well thanks Sean,

You just pointed out how much of an individual_without_enough_empathy you really are.

My intent on asking that question was just that, to ask a damn question.

Well thanks Sean,

You just pointed out how much of an individual_without_enough_empathy you really are.

My intent on asking that question was just that, to ask a damn question.

Of course it was, my bright little star.