• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead 100 signed by Robert Kirkman

103 posts in this topic

Who pays for the fees?
Yeah it's alot different to pay $500-750 to print the book. It's another to pay $18*500 + shipping to get them slabbed.

Great questions.

I would start with who approached whom?

Whom does it benefit greater (between Image / CGC...obviously it benefited the stores the most)?

Could the cost have been split?

I know with the Stan Lee FF the grading was free.

Is the grading on the WD free as well?

Also I think the figure may be a little too high.

490 x $28 =$13720

Minus 10% =$12348

Plus printing =$13048

Shipping I have no idea...

I feel like I shouldn't comment on anything related to Walking Dead or SS right now lol

But, as far as Stan Lee USMs or Hawkeyes...

Just to clarify the #1 think that was different about a 'normal' copy was the back cover was that it was printed as a COA explaining to some extent that the book was signed by Stan Lee.

PS...

I would like to nominate myself for Forumite of the Year right now. The guantlet has been thrown down. T-Shirts and buttons will be handed out at each show. To see JJ without this hardware is a travesty of epic proportions!

Lovingly,

JJ

Also, does anyone know when STFU plays Notre Dame this season?

(I am on pain pills right now, so never mind me...)

I doubt it would be free with 500 signed copies.

And were the Stan Lee signature editions free??

After searching the Internet I came across my answer.

I confused two different stories.

Apparently there were limited edition Ultimate SpiderMan #1s that were signed with an inscription that qualified for free grading.

Nowhere near 100...

Don't worry we never pay attention to what you say (pain pills or not) :foryou:

I am waiting to hear when I can purchase a certain book signed by a certain lady that I adore... :sorry:

Don't worry we never pay attention to what you say (pain pills or not) :foryou:

I am waiting to hear when I can purchase a certain book signed by a certain lady that I adore... :sorry:

lol I will speak with Scott

:gossip: books are gorgeous

So, books that weren't seen being signed by an employee of the CGC or a CAW were slabbed with yellow labels? I'm not a fan of this if that's the case. It's the same as busting out green qualified labels and submitting them with your witnessed books to get a yellow label. Boo.

:boo:

After taking a step back and looking at this whole situation again I want to apologize for being defensive about CGC allowing these for SS no questions ask.

When I first posted I hadn't read the 2nd part about them allowing 10 unsigned but slabbed copies. Then when I saw this I thought based on what they posted it was 10 unsigned period which I still thought it was ok for them to SS the 500 signed copies because who in the hell would spend more on the unsigned copy than a signed copy just to undermine the SS program with a fake sig (well I guess some people would do this just because). Now that raw unsigned copies might be coming out of the woodwork I have to fall into the camp that this is gonna open up a can of worms for the SS program and wasn't handled in the best manner.

For the copy to be SSed it should have been released upfront (hell with the book would have been best) that you must sub the copy in the sealed bag and board (with say a tamper proof seal) that Diamond shipped it in, if the seal is broken than the book no longer Qs for SS. I think this would have eased most of our worries about the whole situation.

After taking a step back and looking at this whole situation again I want to apologize for being defensive about CGC allowing these for SS no questions ask.

When I first posted I hadn't read the 2nd part about them allowing 10 unsigned but slabbed copies. Then when I saw this I thought based on what they posted it was 10 unsigned period which I still thought it was ok for them to SS the 500 signed copies because who in the hell would spend more on the unsigned copy than a signed copy just to undermine the SS program with a fake sig (well I guess some people would do this just because). Now that raw unsigned copies might be coming out of the woodwork I have to fall into the camp that this is gonna open up a can of worms for the SS program and wasn't handled in the best manner.

For the copy to be SSed it should have been released upfront (hell with the book would have been best) that you must sub the copy in the sealed bag and board (with say a tamper proof seal) that Diamond shipped it in, if the seal is broken than the book no longer Qs for SS. I think this would have eased most of our worries about the whole situation.

Have any unsigned copies surfaced other than the one on eBay?