• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS Sketch opportunity with Chris Stevens

227 posts in this topic

A Chris Stevens Green Goblin is my go-to reference material for my Green Goblins. I'd be foolish not to try for a spot. :wishluck:

I'm pleased to announce a sketch opportunity with super-talented artist Chris Stevens! Chris has confirmed and agreed to an opportunity for all of us. Details about the opp will be posted tomorrow afternoon with the actual opp taking place tomorrow 7pm est. 10 slots are available at this time, thanks everyone :)

CapLadysketchcoversmall.jpg

cstevens.jpg

omegared.jpg

Stevens_Storm.jpg

IronManChrisStevens.jpg

ThanosandWarlockfinalsmall1.jpg

AmethystbyChrisStevens.jpg

ChrisStevens_Avengers.jpg

Talented up the ying yang, to bad I'm short on $$$$ :sorry:

Details for this opp:

Pricing: $250 for 1 full figure copics w/background(his rate)

******Chris will only be accepting partial payment at this time, with the 2nd half due upon completion of your piece******

If people that secure a spot can confirm that they will pay the 2nd half once they recieve a scan of their sketch, this will be a great opp :headbang:

CGC fees: $27(grading) and $13(shipping)= $40

Blanks: I have a very limited amount of blanks available, selling for $6. PM if interested (thumbs u

$165 would be due now, this would cover the CGC fees and half of Chris' rate.

Please post an :takeit: or PM me at or after 7pm est. To be fair, any PM's or I'll take its before 7pm will not count (thumbs u

Any questions or concerns PM me, thanks everyone!

Do most blank covers take copic marker well?

Great point, thank you :) Freeform brought this up yesterday as well

I suggest you locate and/or purchase either Xmen 1st print, Avengers 1st print or .Troys blanks. These seems to be the best blanks currently out there that take copics well

There have been artists that have been able to use copics on other covers, but the consensus is these 3 blanks are the best blanks to use. Since we all want the same outcome(great sketches) I'd strongly advise the use of these blanks

Mr. Mylar has worked extra hard on this one, and I have to give him a big (thumbs u for getting the ball across the goal line. And also big (thumbs u to Chris for his half now and half when done policy, just like his commissions. His work is always top of the line. Here's my Hannah Dundee

HannahDundeefinalsmall.jpg

Details for this opp:

Pricing: $250 for 1 full figure copics w/background(his rate)

******Chris will only be accepting partial payment at this time, with the 2nd half due upon completion of your piece******

If people that secure a spot can confirm that they will pay the 2nd half once they recieve a scan of their sketch, this will be a great opp :headbang:

CGC fees: $27(grading) and $13(shipping)= $40

Blanks: I have a very limited amount of blanks available, selling for $6. PM if interested (thumbs u

$165 would be due now, this would cover the CGC fees and half of Chris' rate.

Please post an :takeit: or PM me at or after 7pm est. To be fair, any PM's or I'll take its before 7pm will not count (thumbs u

Any questions or concerns PM me, thanks everyone!

What about Wolverine 1 or Wolverine 300 blanks?

Do most blank covers take copic marker well?

Great point, thank you :) Freeform brought this up yesterday as well

I suggest you locate and/or purchase either Xmen 1st print, Avengers 1st print or .Troys blanks. These seems to be the best blanks currently out there that take copics well

There have been artists that have been able to use copics on other covers, but the consensus is these 3 blanks are the best blanks to use. Since we all want the same outcome(great sketches) I'd strongly advise the use of these blanks

:blush:

Huge +1 to Both FreeForm and Mike for getting this set up. Chris is a amazing talent and everyone who gets a book will be happy as a lark!

It is very humbling for Mike to call out my covers for being some of the best for Copic's, and I can't thank him enough for that. I just got a new batch of paper in so if anyone needs some blanks for this opp I would be super duper happy to help out.

And I agree with Mike. For this kind of money and quality of work, I would not use a crummy blank. We all know what Chris can do with the right paper, give the man the right tools to do so!

These books are going to be killer! :headbang: