• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loaning graphic novels

22 posts in this topic

what do you do when you loan a graphic novel to a friend and she doesn't return it promptly, you write letters to the graphic novel on her facebook page.

dear watchmen comic, i miss you. i hope you're enjoying your trip to anna's house but please come home soon. your friend, guy

I even got a reply!

Dear Guy, i miss you too. things are so different here. it isn't like home, where its cold and the cat sits on me. Anna is nice, i like the way she delicately turns my pages and the way she looks in her purple glasses. She keeps me by her bed and reads me before she turns off the lights. She says i will be home soon, i hope so. Yours always, Watchmen Comic

watchmen, it's so good to hear back from you. i was beginning to wonder what had become of you. it's been so long since we've seen one another. i didn't know, was it something i'd done? i anxiously await your home comnig and when we will be reunited again. until then, guy

ok i thought it was funny. i hope she got the hint and returns the book soon.

I don't loan any of my books, movies, or CDs. Period. Not even to family. Learned my lesson a long time ago.

even though I return items I borrow within a week tops...

whenever I lend something out - I never do so with some thing

I really want (or even worse need) back.

I see lending as an unspoken gift because people get caught up in there

private lives and forget - part being human and the other half irresponsible.

The thing about it is I am very generous with the fine folks that actually

return my property in a timely manner un-asked and they are welcome to

borrow again and again, but the others that don't return stuff are out of the "circle

of trust" so to speak.

;)