• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Hero movies...will there ever be a cross-over?

28 posts in this topic

Actually, cross-overs were a joy and part of the success for Marvel Comics in the 60's, I think it only natural that having even a small cross-over in the movies would be equally fun.

I totally agree, but in today's age of rampant licensing, it's getting to the point that there likely could never be an Avengers movie, as the characters are all owned by different studios.

In fact, Marvel is getting so whorish with their characters, they recently tried to re-license the Ultimate incarnations as distinct concepts and characters.

"New from DreamWorks: Ultimate Spider-man"

Let's just say that didn't go over too well, and has since been shelved. 27_laughing.gif

Actually, cross-overs were a joy and part of the success for Marvel Comics in the 60's, I think it only natural that having even a small cross-over in the movies would be equally fun.

I totally agree, but in today's age of rampant licensing, it's getting to the point that there likely could never be an Avengers movie, as the characters are all owned by different studios.

In fact, Marvel is getting so whorish with their characters, they recently tried to re-license the Ultimate incarnations as distinct concepts and characters.

Let's just say that didn't go over too well, and has since been shelved. 27_laughing.gif

Thank Christ!

Hmm, if I had over 9000 posts to my name on a comic book forum, I don't think I'd be so quick to hit the Fanboy Alert button. devil.gif

Sorry Drooly, but there are lame comic fanboy subjects that even I wouldn't touch, this being one of them. grin.gif

"Oh yeah, wouldn't it be cool for Spider-man to like, walk out on a ledge, and there's Wolverine, slicing him a new one, and then bingo, up pops the Silver Surfer, only it's not him, but a Skrull in disguise, who's then crushed by the huge boot of... Juggernaut. Then Spidey and Wolvie stop fighting, and join forces to stop Juggy, but he's too strong... but wait, who's that on the ledge... Nightcrawler and Colossus, who jump to help and they all lay into Juggernaut, but it's not enough and Juggy knocks them all off the building...

And that's ONLY the first part of a planned Quadrilogy..."

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hey, I rarely, if ever, drool, and I don't dress up as my favorite character for movie premieres, etc. (Though I did wear my Spiderman underoos for the first Spidey movie. Little tight after all these years, but hey, I'm a fan. wink.gif)

Seriously though, I agree that the kind of rampant cross-over stuff you're talking about could easily get out of hand, but I think brief cameos would be cool. More of a wink and a nod to the fans than a full-on fanboy fantasy.

You are correct! One reason cross-overs will be diffucult to do is because the licensing has been spread out and a cross-over would have to be a collaboration.

Actually in 1976, although I bought and read titles on and off since then but not like before 76. I still pick up a few titles even today, but I do really enjoy Golden Age & pre 1965 comics the most.