• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 97

26 posts in this topic

Its funny that every time someone grades lower than what you want, you think they are crazy.

HUH? think2.gif

Well, when everyone comes into a PGM thread I start and grades this book consistently a 9.2 to 9.4, a lone grader comes in and states a 9.0, of course I'm disappointed. an_lightening.gif

I never said I thought cpannell or anyone was "crazy" for giving me a low grades on the books I post here in the PGM forum. In the perfect world, I can get supporting evidence behind their grade. I'm curious about the grading process. That's all. I guess I was hoping he would let me know why he thought this ASM 97 was a 9.0 in his opinion. Kinda like requesting informal graders notes one would find at CGC.

You took the time to give me a detailed assessment of the defects you see from the photos I posted. I appreciate that. I really do.

Also, please be aware I have a quirky sense of humor and I by no means intend to make any member here feel as if I think they are "crazy" when grading my comic books. After all, I'm here to learn.

Again, thanks for helping me out with your grading explanation! an_cheers.gif

I wasn't being serious about that first sentence either. :whee: Just having fun. I love all the great stuff I have been trying to learn around here too.

Gorgeous book!! It's possible it might get a 9.4 :wishluck: , but I honestly think the staple stress lines, at least 4 color breaks on the spine and the slightly blunted bottom corners will land it a 9.2-

Beautiful!

YUUUUUUP!!

Keep in mind that "crazy" said with a humorous tone has the completely different (and very likely intended) effect than it may have in a written line in electronic communications. Especially without no matching emoticon to help, although the smoking smiley ones should be an indication Modok is quite "lolling"… :)

Ah and I want that book. I just got a #96 but I dont want to pay a fortune for a #97, so please Modok, revert to your eBay selling, so I can get it for less than expected lol

Hahahaha! This one's going to CGC. You guys are teaching me too well! ;)