• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon Hill

22 posts in this topic

I thought the same thing. I am not entirely sure what motivated the "brother" to post under his Liam's ID. I can understand wanting to inform people, but to be vague in his post seems very odd. When Liam posted before he was strange to say the least, so this seems to follow a pattern. Even his interests seem very odd, Russian Revolution (?).

If this is indeed true, then condolences are appropriate. However I doubt that his brother will check the thread he started.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to locate a message board where one could discuss the Russian Revolution, because I was quite curious as to what people would be chatting about and was unable to find one.

A buddy of mine in college was a huge military history buff, and we used to spend hours arguing about alternate timelines and what-if scenarios. His favorite mental exercise was to try to predict the impact on key battles prior to 1900 if one side suddenly had one fully-fueled fully-armed F-15 (with a trained pilot of course). No opportunities to refuel or reload, just the combination of destructive power and shock value of one F-15.

Masada, Gallipoli, Waterloo, Bull Run, you name it... he had a theory on how the timeline would play out...

I don't recall ever hearing his thoughts on a squadron of F-15s during the Russian Revolution. Could Kornilov have established his dictatorship? Could Kolchak have prevailed? Could Milyukov have remained in control? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hope that Simon finds peace, wherever his journey may take him.