• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New insight on an old topic: Sellers charging the 3% for paypal use.

45 posts in this topic

FF: if you have a merchant acct ALL payments get "taxed" regardless of source
ohmiLORD, that sounds rather crappy. Is there an upper limit to the amount you can receive with a personal account, assuming you're "confirmed" with a bank account? It's almost like you need two PayPal accounts--one personal one for people who are going to pay cash and another business one for the CC payers.

so is the seller "ejanter" (jason ewert) a greedy/slime bag for charging the 3% for credit cards via paypal on his auctions?

Instigator...I wasn't referring to ejaenter...we've talked about him on here before and he offers two paypal accts, much like I do for payment. If I can pay with a balance or bank acct, I can use his paypal address. He doesn't charge 3% unless it is a credit card payment? I never called anyone a greedy slimebag for charging. I just posted that here to elicit opinions and maybe get the seller to offer paypal to a personal account in lieu of paying 3% extra...

I've dealt with Jason Ewert plenty before and always paid him with a check until recently when he got a personal paypal acct that he doesn't charge 3% on which I can pay to quite easily...

Supa - starting sh!+... mad.gif

Is there an upper limit to the amount you can receive with a personal account, assuming you're "confirmed" with a bank account?

I'm confirmed with the bank and no I don't know of any upper limit to receiving payments to a personal acct.

It's almost like you need two PayPal accounts--one personal one for people who are going to pay cash and another business one for the CC payers.

Exactly.