• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man 90

27 posts in this topic

This will be second comic book of my first batch of books I will be submitting to CGC in the near future.

I plan to submit between 4 to 6 in the first trial batch. I will post scans of them here, and then we'll revisit each thread months from now to see how close everyone got to the actual grade.

Again, I think this particular "key" ASM 90 I own has a legitimate chance to garner a CGC 9.4 once submitted.

What do you guys think?

ASM90FC.jpg

ASM90BC.jpg

There's some dirt down the spine edge on that otherwise nice white back cover.

I'm thinking possibly 9.2 or more likely a 9.0.

More likely a 9.0? Pass me what you're smoking! smoking-cannabis-034.gif

It's a beautiful book -- it would look good in my collection.

But I am going to be overly conservative and play the part of a meany. :sumo:

If we look closely, what are we seeing at the top and bottom of the spine of the back cover? Bindery chips or is that an abraided edge at top or a glimpse of paper from inside? And while scans can be problematic, I think there's a tiny corner fold, top left back cover and perhaps 8+ spine ticks apparent in the dirty part of the spine. There might even be a longitudinal bend between the dirt pattern and the spine to be weighed into the equation? (shrug) It's so difficult to tell without being able to tilt the book to the light and sometimes staring for a long time at a scan can have you seeing things --- and I'd quite honestly prefer to be wrong.

If we look closely, what are we seeing at the top and bottom of the spine of the back cover? Bindery chips or is that an abraided edge at top or a glimpse of paper from inside? And while scans can be problematic, I think there's a tiny corner fold, top left back cover and perhaps 8+ spine ticks apparent in the dirty part of the spine. There might even be a longitudinal bend between the dirt pattern and the spine to be weighed into the equation? (shrug) It's so difficult to tell without being able to tilt the book to the light and sometimes staring for a long time at a scan can have you seeing things --- and I'd quite honestly prefer to be wrong.

Eww I think Modok just got lawyered, or would it be graded?...

You, sir, are AWESOME! (worship)

This is how I will learn! I really appreciate you taking the time to point out all of the imperfections.

As the owner of the book, of course I don't want to hear "bad news" about my "baby!"

However, I take no offense, because after all we're here to help one another.

If I can only get a 9.2 grade from CGC, I will be thrilled.

Thanks again.

I agree on the dirt on the back cover. I'll go with the middle ground and take a 9.2

I still don't understand why you don't attempt to sell some of these books around here instead of eBay. I'd be interested in some of these issues!

After looking at the back cover, I now agree with the consensus here.

The back cover of my ASM 90 looks filthy dirty. :o

It looks like it was flopped into a pile of dirt and was permanently stained! doh! Uggggghhhhhh! :pullhair:

Why don't I sell on the boards?

I read the thread about newbies trying to sell here on the boards, and apparently the "vets" don't want to welcome any new "players" into the game:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5979435#Post5979435

I have no reputation here.

On eBay I do. Anyone is welcome to check my feedback! I have nothing to hide.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=john-c-holmes&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Anyway, thanks for listing your grade.

I have now come to accept that some pinhead who owned my ASM 90 before me dragged this copy in filth is costing me anywhere between a .2 to .4 on the overall grade! :frustrated:

Agreed! 9.2 still a very pretty book,just has a few too many spine ticks on back cover.

8+ spine ticks apparent in the dirty part of the spine. There might even be a longitudinal bend between the dirt pattern and the spine to be weighed into the equation?

+1

The spine ticks are really obvious in the b.c. scan showing through the dirt. It's really a nice looking book but I think that B.C. is going to drag it down to a 9.2 Would really have to see this book in hand to nail it down.