• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have TMNT #1 that I need a grade on!

42 posts in this topic

I have a copy of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 1st printing. I collected for fun for 35 years and amassed a collection of over 8,000 comics. I was never interested in grading or pricing my collection until I learned that TMNT #1 sold for over 11k last year. Can anyone on this board help me out by looking at pictures?

D.

Dee, glad you joined! Matt here from Facebook. Go to photobucket and copy the same pictures you have on FB. (scans would be better but the pics will do for now). Then post both front and back cover shots here. The guys on the boards are pretty dead on when it comes to grading.

Good Luck!

Dee is an Artist from Canada (B.C.) (Dee Fehst on FB). There are pictures of the TMNT on there, but I'm sure scans would be much better.

To me, it looks to be about an 8.0. Couple of spine ticks and the b/c shows a slight crease/bend ULC.

OK, as a favor to Dee and the rest of the PGM board, I poached the images of his/her TMNT #1 1st Printing from his/her Facebook page.

Hopefully, people here can start some grading on this sucker! :headbang:

TMNT-Front.jpg

TMNT-Back.jpg

TMNT-Side5.jpg

TMNT-Side3.jpg

TMNT-Side4.jpg

TMNT-Side.jpg

TMNT-Side2.jpg

TMNT-Side1.jpg

7.5 - 8.0 from me. (don't know what the sigs on the inside will do - I've seen CGC note it on a blue label or use a green label). Others will have imput here.

That's crazy low ... the book is 9.0 or better.

With a press - to get the thumb indentations out - you're looking at an easy 9.2.

7.5 - 8.0 from me. (don't know what the sigs on the inside will do - I've seen CGC note it on a blue label or use a green label). Others will have imput here.

That's crazy low ... the book is 9.0 or better.

With a press - to get the thumb indentations out - you're looking at an easy 9.2.

Mike,

Even with the spine tick and the color loss ticks at the top of the f/c? I know a press would help, but 9.2? Also, it looks like that slight crease on the top left of the back cover has some color break to it also.