• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was the official reason Marvel cancelled the 1962 Hulk series?

46 posts in this topic

Would be something if Hulk #7 OA were to exist. Think about it, issue 6 is at the press and new art was quite possibly being worked on. Did they pull the plug long before?

That would be great, but you would think that if it existed, one or another it would have been published by now.

There is lots of Original Art that just gets hidden away for decades and never sees the light of day.

I don't know if this is my faulty memory or me just pulling this out of my hindparts with both hands but I seem to recall Stan Lee saying something about how readers didn't really catch on to The Hulk because it wasn't a "superhero" book in the most literal sense, and that was what was really taking off.

As though kids were looking at it as a monster book, albeit a monster book full of angst and sturm und drang that they couldn't relate to like they could with Spider-Man.

I don't know if this is my faulty memory or me just pulling this out of my hindparts with both hands but I seem to recall Stan Lee saying something about how readers didn't really catch on to The Hulk because it wasn't a "superhero" book in the most literal sense, and that was what was really taking off.

As though kids were looking at it as a monster book, albeit a monster book full of angst and sturm und drang that they couldn't relate to like they could with Spider-Man.

I remember Stan saying something along those lines once.