• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need to Start Selecting CGC Candidates - PGM Amazing Spider-Man #s 119 &120

29 posts in this topic

I need to start getting serious about the books I will be submitting to CGC.

I have many so many Bronze Age candidates which are ripe for submission, yet I can only choose 5 to 6 for my initial package. It's an expensive proposition dealing with CGC from an overseas locale, so I must be choosey for the first grouping.

These 2 ASMs are definitely going.

I think they have legit shots at 9.6 each because I really can't find any defects with either. They are unread, paper is white, front and back cover corners are sharp.

Of course, I will defer to the eagle eyes of those who check them out. sherlock.gif

The ASM 120 has a date stamp on the back, but from what I understand, CGC won't detract from the grade because of it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds in this thread!

OK, here goes:

Z-MarvelSuperhero54-OK-a-3.jpgAmazing Spider-Man 119 Z-MarvelSuperhero5a-OK-1-5.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan119Front.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan119Back.jpg

Z-MarvelSuperhero54-OK-a-3.jpgAmazing Spider-Man 120Z-MarvelSuperhero5a-OK-1-5.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan120Front.jpg

AmazingSpiderMan120Back.jpg

I think your slightly blunted corners on the #119 will keep it at 9.4

The #120 looks like a definite 9.6 IMHO...

Thanks for your take. Based on your perception, I have cropped and enlarged all 8 corners of the ASM 119. This should aid you and others in seeing these corners more closely.

FRONT COVER

Left Front Top Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119FrontLC.jpg

Right Front Top Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119FrontRC.jpg

Left Front Bottom Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119FrontLC1.jpg

Right Front Bottom Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119FrontRC1.jpg

BACK COVER

Left Back Top Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119BackLC.jpg

Right Back Top Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119BackRC.jpg

Left Back Bottom Corner

AmazingSpiderMan119BackLC1.jpg

Right Back Bottom Cover

AmazingSpiderMan119BackRC1.jpg

Both look like sure 9.4s to me with say 25% chance at 9.6.

What glaring imperfections do you see on these? Just curious to see what qualifies as a 9.6 in CGC's eyes.

Thanks for your take!

you-rock.gif

I want to say #119- 9.4 and #120-9.6 but, while these are very decent pics, I like scans. I'll add a fudge-factor of 9.2-9.4 & 9.4-9.6 respectively. :applause::applause:

Now give them to me :sumo:

:baiting:

Thanks for your eagle eyes, friend! I always appreciate when you come into my PGM threads and help me out! an_clap.gif

7.5 maybe an 8.0 on a good day. Both books with 120 being a bit better.

ChistheFibber.jpg= lie.gif

laughing.gif

I thought for sure you'd insist I was smoking something and give me a hard time.

They are probably 9.4s or better. I'm worried about the corners. None of them are super sharp. I'm curious to see how it goes.

I thought for sure you'd insist I was smoking something and give me a hard time.

They are probably 9.4s or better. I'm worried about the corners. None of them are super sharp. I'm curious to see how it goes.

Nah, I knew you were joking around. lol

Photos are not like scans, and I really need to stop be a lazy son of a gun and get a decent scanner. Corners look sharp with books in hand, but I see what you mean when you only have photos to judge the books on.

I will definitely revive this thread once I get these back from CGC.

Thanks for your take! Much appreciated! ;)

I know you're having eBay issues, but are these key enough you want to get them CGCed? It seemed like you had a lot of more key issues than these.

Huh? eBay issues? :o

Not having any problems with eBay. I guess my past posts in other threads regarding my global shipping policies and fees from Thailand may have confused you.

I'm selling many of my high grade duplicates of "non-key" Marvels. My feedback profile has been growing steadily since I restarted selling from Thailand.

Also, I think ASM 119 & 120 can be considered "key" issues to many people.

However, I do have many more comic books which may be "more key" than these.

I think these will gain more value appreciation if they were CGCed, that's all.

About an inch and a half below the Hulks foot on a grey bar, is that a spine tick?

Edit: on the 120

Hello Hado!

I took out an oversized magnifying glass and examined the spine under a bright desk lamp, and it does not look like a spine tick. I think it's part of the artwork and is consistent with the rest of area (e.g., steel beam) IMO.

Here's a crop and enlargement of the area you pointed out.

AmazingSpiderMan120Front2.jpg

I know you're having eBay issues, but are these key enough you want to get them CGCed? It seemed like you had a lot of more key issues than these.

Huh? eBay issues? :o

Not having any problems with eBay. I guess my past posts in other threads regarding my global shipping policies and fees from Thailand may have confused you.

I'm selling many of my high grade duplicates of "non-key" Marvels. My feedback profile has been growing steadily since I restarted selling from Thailand.

Also, I think ASM 119 & 120 can be considered "key" issues to many people.

However, I do have many more comic books which may be "more key" than these.

I think these will gain more value appreciation if they were CGCed, that's all.

I just meant your issues with your auctions not having a lo of traffic. I thought that was why you were going to CGC books to make them more desirable by collectors.

And I'm a huge Spidey collecter. Look through the for sale theads because I am buying a lot of the affordable issues in there. As a Spidey reader, I don't consider these issues key. What makes them key in your mind?