• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

10 books Express, received by CGC on 6/3; delivered to my door yesterday. :banana:
:makepoint: Have they ever been behind on Express? What's next? People posting that Walkthrough service is on time?

:sorry:

Don't go hatin'.

I'm a Stronguy fan. Or at least I'm too intimidated to not be. hm

Curious what things are looking like for folks that submitted to CGC at Philly but didn't get graded on site.

I had a facilitator FT a book at Philly which is why I'm wondering.

If my past experience is any guide, it will take about a week for the books to make it into the system, and then the clock will start as if they were a normal submission you mailed in.

Modern Fast Track from Philly Con

Received: 6/5

Verified: 6/11

Graded: ???

QA: TBD

Shipped: TBD

I'm already behind as the books haven't been verified yet.

I just had some Modern FT's go through. They were right on their 10 stated turn. They verified, graded, qc'd and shipped on days 7-10.

Fingers crossed then....

That's 4 business days. Seriously behind. I wonder what's going on with Modern FT?

Edited by Praxis52

I just had some Modern FT's go through. They were right on their 10 stated turn. They verified, graded, qc'd and shipped on days 7-10.

Fingers crossed then....

That's 4 business days. Seriously behind. I wonder what's going on with Modern FT?

???

How is your modern FT "seriously behind" when CGC has only had the books for 4 business days?

Fingers crossed then....

???

How is your modern FT "seriously behind" when CGC has only had the books for 4 business days?

Based on my previous experience, they (CGC) normally take 1 to 2 days after receiving it, to move it to verified. So, it pushes out their grading & shipping which keeps them away from me that much longer.

Based on my previous experience, they (CGC) normally take 1 to 2 days after receiving it, to move it to verified. So, it pushes out their grading & shipping which keeps them away from me that much longer.
Don't think about it that way. It's not a directly linear fashion in how the times update. It might take 6 days to move from received to verified and 1 day to go straight to graded and then 3 more to be marked as shipped. Regardless, as long as they're meeting 10 days, what does it matter where it sits the longest?

Fingers crossed then....

???

No, that's not how it works - there's no magic formula for how long books stay in one specific status as they move through the grading process.

As Transplant also mentioned, your books could jump to scheduled for grading & graded tomorrow - or they could remain in Verified limbo for another 10 days (in which case they would actually be late). That it took 4 days to go from Received to Verified means nothing.

Fingers crossed then....

???

No, that's not how it works - there's no magic formula for how long books stay in one specific status as they move through the grading process.

As Transplant also mentioned, your books could jump to scheduled for grading & graded tomorrow - or they could remain in Verified limbo for another 10 days (in which case they would actually be late). That it took 4 days to go from Received to Verified means nothing.

Thanks for the info guys. I will stave off my worrying for an additional 6 business days. :taptaptap:

So at Heroes I asked for an approximate number of moderns that get graded everyday and I was told 'around 600.'

Discuss. :popcorn:

So are they up to books submitted at Phoenix Comic Con for Modern Fast Track yet?

Mine are verified.

Modern Fast Track

Received 5/28 (signed 5/18)

Shipped/safe: ?

Economy Fast Track

Received 5/28 (signed 5/18)

Shipped/safe: ?

Will update as they move through the queue.

Modern FT in encapsulation, Nicole said it could finalize by tomorrow and ship in a couple of days. Not bad at all.

My 4 book coupon submission

Received on May 21st

Scheduled: June 6th

Graded: June 12th

Encapsulated/QC/Shipped/safe: June 13th

Yeah, they like me better

My 4 book coupon submission

Received on May 21st

Scheduled: June 6th

Graded: June 12th

Encapsulated/QC/Shipped/safe: June 13th

Yeah, they like me better

Isn't that basically 15 business days after Memorial Day and 2 con days? Standard coupon TAT. Nobody likes you better. :slapfight:

I just called about my Fast Track Economy books, that STILL have not shipped. STILL have no grades. Books were put into the system on 4/26. By my estimation, that means these books are FORTY business days for Fast Track. So glad I paid for Fast Track... Notice that isn't noted on their website that Fast Track is at 40 days... So now I have to pay an extra 10 bucks a book to get normal Economy turnaround... Really frustrating...

I just called about my Fast Track Economy books, that STILL have not shipped. STILL have no grades. Books were put into the system on 4/26. By my estimation, that means these books are FORTY business days for Fast Track. So glad I paid for Fast Track... Notice that isn't noted on their website that Fast Track is at 40 days... So now I have to pay an extra 10 bucks a book to get normal Economy turnaround... Really frustrating...

I put in some of mine on the same day at C2E2. It's very frustrating!