• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tax into the US?????

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Does anyone know if there are taxes applied on comics coming into the united states? I am sending a book from Australia worth about $1799.

My understanding is that states who have signed the FTA are exempt from duty tax. Australia is a signatory to that agreement.

Thanks in advance

Jake

In Aus anything over 1000 attracts a tax of 10%....

That's nothing, where I live anything over $250 attracts a tax of 100%, no not a typo, 100%

:o

And where's that ?

Ukraine unfortunately. And I speak from personal and painful pocket burning experience btw.

That's nothing, where I live anything over $250 attracts a tax of 100%, no not a typo, 100%

And where's that ?

Ukraine unfortunately. And I speak from personal and painful pocket burning experience btw.

Wow, your user ID should be $people

:baiting:

And where's that ?

Wow, your user ID should be $people

:baiting:

I wish lol. Fortunately after that first experience, when it then came to sending all my comics over here from England, I labelled them as almost worthless and didn't pay a dime, o/w they would probably still be sitting @ customs.