• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLWTS!

81 posts in this topic

My previous post wasn't an answer so no question was needed.

It was simply a mockery of all the posts in this thread that are quite entertaining, informative and defensive for others.

Mos def not a threat towards GODOFTHUNDER. I don't want another "fast track don't fail me" misunderstanding.

But for those who thinks this a "when mess hits the fan" kind of post and a defensive reply is needed, then do what y'all need to do. I don't really know any behind the scene politics and drama in the sketch world. Don't need it, don't want it, leave me out of it.

So since this s a genuine reply, this shouldn't count as a "bump" right?

There is two things my Grandpapi use to tell us grandkids, nearly 40 years after he came back from the war....this thread totally reminds me of them.....

"No matter how stinky the cheese is, it tastes delicious when you are hungry.."

and

"No matter how hungry you are, ...you will always....EHHH forget it!! Go back to playing Nintendo you phucken brats!!"

My previous post wasn't an answer so no question was needed.

It was simply a mockery of all the posts in this thread that are quite entertaining, informative and defensive for others.

Mos def not a threat towards GODOFTHUNDER. I don't want another "fast track don't fail me" misunderstanding.

But for those who thinks this a "when mess hits the fan" kind of post and a defensive reply is needed, then do what y'all need to do. I don't really know any behind the scene politics and drama in the sketch world. Don't need it, don't want it, leave me out of it.

So since this s a genuine reply, this shouldn't count as a "bump" right?

Then quit your mockery ..

So since this s a genuine reply...right?

Then quit your mochary ..

Kooet you're nunsence!

I was only kiddin'.....I don't want to offend anyone..........

O[font:Georgia]rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr do I[/font]? hm

Half the posts here are subliminal mockery. Figure anyone who gets offended have something else going on beyond what was posted that, as I previously stated, I have no knowledge or could care less. And I'm sure if I posted something specifically targeting someone or has broken any message board policy, the mods would've deleted my reply in a hurry.

As far as the topic, and other subtopics that followed the original post: artists have all the rights to charge whatever they feel like charging (even with re-sale in mind); sellers have the rights to put whatever price their item costs (doesn't matter if they got the sketch/slab themselves or bought from someone); illegal "bumping" is somethng moderators should handle; sure readers can just leave a thread alone, but they can still bump a sales thread with a GLWTS, too bad I don't have any money right now, question/comments, or whateve they feel like posting; there are a lot of over-priced re-sale of sketches out there, we don't have to buy them!

Off topic: I'm still trying to grasp the price of that Hulk 340 9.9 that ended at Clink the other day.

Half the posts here are subliminal mockery. Figure anyone who gets offended have something else going on beyond what was posted that, as I previously stated, I have no knowledge or could care less. And I'm sure if I posted something specifically targeting someone or has broken any message board policy, the mods would've deleted my reply in a hurry.

As far as the topic, and other subtopics that followed the original post: artists have all the rights to charge whatever they feel like charging (even with re-sale in mind); sellers have the rights to put whatever price their item costs (doesn't matter if they got the sketch/slab themselves or bought from someone); illegal "bumping" is somethng moderators should handle; sure readers can just leave a thread alone, but they can still bump a sales thread with a GLWTS, too bad I don't have any money right now, question/comments, or whateve they feel like posting; there are a lot of over-priced re-sale of sketches out there, we don't have to buy them!

Off topic: I'm still trying to grasp the price of that Hulk 340 9.9 that ended at Clink the other day.

Yeah, but what we want to know...is, how do you really feel?

Well I felt heart-broken coz I was outbid and as you can see I'm a really big fan of that cover. But I guess not a bigger fan than the guy who shelled out $2433 for that slab. But I'll survive, it might take awhile but I'm sure the grail will be in the market again.

I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular, by the way, and I don't care what people do. Bump until you can't bump anymore. My experience on numerous other forums, though, indicates that it does annoy some people. Being within the rules doesn't mean it can't be annoying. . .

I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular, by the way, and I don't care what people do. Bump until you can't bump anymore. My experience on numerous other forums, though, indicates that it does annoy some people. Being within the rules doesn't mean it can't be annoying. . .

:whistle:

Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page.

However, I choose not to get sketches from the $20 to $50 artists. Why? Cause I believe that GOOD art is worth more than your typical "no-name artist whose willing to sketch for you".

The rest of the post is good, too, but this is the heart of it all.

If you don't like the prices charged, book a flight, get a hotel room, buy a few meals, pay to get into a show, stand in line for an hour or so and get your sketch yourself. That's certainly your prerogative.

As for the bumping, there is a difference between adding items and answering questions/comments and just flat bumping. Sometimes that what a "GLWTS" really is, a bump for a friend.

I, for one, am willing to admit that yes, I have bumped my threads several times a week, either to respond to quetions, OR give notice to changes being made.

However, I will dispute something. Sketches are only cheap, if you go to any no-name artist and get a crappy sketch. Anyone can draw, this had been proven from time to time. However, I choose not to get sketches from the $20 to $50 artists. Why? Cause I believe that GOOD art is worth more than your typical "no-name artist whose willing to sketch for you".

That being said, I also believe that there's a ton of undiscovered talent out there. That's why "we" hover around the artist alley looking for the next Jim Lee, or Finch, or Cheung.

So if you think that Erik Larson, Clay Mann, or eve Ivan Reis is cheap...then you my friend, do not have clue what the value of a sketch is worth.

Back to the bumping, did I "break" the :rulez: by causing several bumps? Probably. But if it was something to be alarmed or cause attention, I would of been notified by MODS. I think that's why we have MODS, right? That's their job, to police the threads. That's why I love that NOTIFY portion of a post, if you have a problem, notify, and wait.

So to those that are quick to judge, or think everything in the SS world is cheap. By all means, try it yourself and let me know when Clay Mann, Ivan Reis or Cheung is going to do your sketches for $20 - $50, cause I will be the first in line.

Oh, and I do know a couple of artists....... ;)

I approve of this message (thumbs u 252582_470832512949725_1465832192_n.jpg

Re: pricing and the ability to acquire nice sketches at affordable prices (and Adonis in no way is this targeted at you - I don't necessarily agree with your comment, but that is your collecting focus and with that "to each his/her own")

I post these to demonstrate my opinion that as with everything its all about people and relationships.

I can tell you that I LOVE my Clay Mann commission and my Clayton Crain commissions (all far exceed $50) from the same show (to name a few that stand out); obviously they are amazing pieces (biased obviously), but again we were able to talk about the piece, about comics, about ourselves and we, from time to time, continue to do so via email. I know everyone here as the same experiences (and probably more as I make it to a limited amount of shows), but this reason, the reason why I even check this damn site, is missing with much of what has been posted lately in this section...

Rant done...

These were all FREE

CPWPax_cropped-1.jpg

EdMcGHulkcropped-1.jpg

315383_3512633178933_1416019292_n.jpg

More than 1/2 of these were FREE and the rest were < or equal to $50

AvengersJAM.jpg

< or equal to $50 sketches

DonateloPetersoncropped.jpg

ReinckeBlackCat.jpg