• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GLWTS!

81 posts in this topic

I don't recall a time where I have gone on a thread of someone's just to say GLWTS or 'dang, wish I had the funds for that beauty of a sketch.'

I also don't see that as always being a bad thing when it is done. If anything, I see it as free endorsement or seal of approval from some of the board members. Buzz or hype around a specific item can sometimes cause an otherwise non-participant to bite solely based on the fact that others were/are interested. I always check the other threads on these boards and CAF to see what kinda comments are being said about a particular sketch when I am in the market for one.

The sketch cover market is one of the most volatile markets that exist in the comic collecting world. Just because a sketch took time, money, and resources to 'manufacture' doesn't mean the marketplace will respond at a price that makes the risk worth it. Look at Silver age mid grade books that never get slabbed because once they are, you will never get your grading investment back.