• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still need Fantastic Four #60 Newsstand ($2.25) Variant?

19 posts in this topic

I managed to lay hands on one of these....

Structurally, it is a decent VF (possible VF+, tho' as you may remember from the Nikos Grading Contest I tend to be a bit conservative in my grading).

The downside is that it has some slight rubbing (and - no - it was not from me thinking about how lucky I was to find it tongue.gif) mostly along the upper spine and UR edge.

If any one is interested, PM me and we'll see if we can work a deal (outright purchase or trade).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I've received a few PM's asking me what I want for this book.

Quite frankly, I'm in uncharted waters since I've not seen the book for sale and only know that a GS X-Men #1 had been offered (on these boards) for the previous one that made an appearance.

I guess I'd be (very) happy with a G to VG copy of Fantastic Four #2 hi.gif (which would book less than the afore-mentioned GS X-1), but I really don't know what folks are expecting to pay/trade for this book.

I'm a reasonable guy (just ask my wife tongue.gif), so I guess that I'm just looking to see what folks offer (since it took some considerable amount of time on my part to find the book).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I guess I'd be (very) happy with a G to VG copy of Fantastic Four #2 hi.gif (which would book less than the afore-mentioned GS X-1), but I really don't know what folks are expecting to pay/trade for this book.

893frustrated.gif I had a feeling this would happen.....

Listen....I am probably the only person on the whole planet that was willing to trade GS X-Men #1 for the FF. And I didn't look at it from a monetary POV but more of "I have multiples of this comic that I'm doing nothing with so maybe I'll trade for something I want". I wouldn't have paid anywhere near GS X-Men #1 comparable cash for the comic. In fact, $50 would have been my plateau and even then I probably would have passed.....

Good luck though.....

Jim

893frustrated.gif I had a feeling this would happen.....

Listen....I am probably the only person on the whole planet that was willing to trade GS X-Men #1 for the FF. And I didn't look at it from a monetary POV but more of "I have multiples of this comic that I'm doing nothing with so maybe I'll trade for something I want". I wouldn't have paid anywhere near GS X-Men #1 comparable cash for the comic. In fact, $50 would have been my plateau and even then I probably would have passed.....

Good luck though.....

Jim

You've created a monster... foreheadslap.gifmakepoint.gifpopcorn.gif

No... I wasn't really expecting FF #2 (a guy can dream, tho', right? cloud9.gif).

I really would prefer trying to work out a trade for books from my want list since

- I'd be grateful to knock a few things off of my list

- I would like to give a good home to someone else's duplicates, and

- I could get the other collector something they want.

So, speaking of want lists, here are some things I'd be interested in:

Avengers: 54, 56-60, 66-67

Captain America: 105, 108-109, 137-138

FF: 2, 18, 31, 32, 36, 45, 79, 105-106, 109-111, 113, 115, 120, 126, 156,

160-161, 165, 169; Annual 3

Inhumans (1975): 1-12

Justice League of America: 111, 120-121

Strange Tales: 103

Sub-Mariner: 8

Superman: 233-234, 241-242

Thor: 152, 162, 182-183

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

No... I wasn't really expecting FF #2 (a guy can dream, tho', right? cloud9.gif).

I really would prefer trying to work out a trade for books from my want list since

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

What grades?

I have some of those FFs as extras.

PM coming... gossip.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

What grades?

I have some of those FFs as extras.

PM coming... gossip.gif

Grades depend (and if you have extra FF's there are others I neglected to put down but am interested in:

FF (addendum): 103, 104, 134-139, 145, 151-154, 158)

Typically, I'm looking for Fine or better for early Silver, VF or better for later Silver, and VF/NM or better for Bronze. But I'm more willing to compromise than I used to be.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

It occurs to me (my wife also says I'm a little slow blush.gif) that perhaps folks here are more comfortable trading cash than books (trading comics was one of the more enjoyable aspects of the hobby as a kid and I still do that a bit with my LCS). I can understand that it makes the deal a lot cleaner (unless there is some counterfeiting going on 893naughty-thumb.gif)... and I could definitely use it toward my FF #2 fund.

So if you don't have duplicates that you want to part with, I'll make the price $45 (since that less than the $50 bandied about above). This will include the afore-described FF variant securely packaged and shipped by USPS Priority insured mail with a delivery confirmation in a Priority Box. Of course, if you live outside the US, we'll have to fine-tune this a bit.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Why not just throw it on ebay? Who knows, you might hit the jackpot. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

With my luck, I'd get some psycho buyer. I guess I'd just rather deal with folks here when I know there is a need.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Book has been sold!

Thanks one and all,

Fan4Fan

Too bad, I think you could have made much more on ebay. I searched ebay & couldn't find that book in active or completed items. foreheadslap.gif

That book has never been on eBay.

Ever.

Personally I would STILL be on the lookout for one if all I was able to acquire was a VF copy, so I wouldn't have paid more than $50 for one, but I definitely would have paid that. I just assumed it would go for more than I was willing to pay and didn't even make an offer. It would have been interesting on eBay.

Maybe the buyer will flip it on ebay & make a killing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're just trying to make me feel good, now, aren't you...

I never claimed to be a salesman. I got more than I paid. If someone wants to take a risk for the big bucks, then that is their perogative.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Maybe the buyer will flip it on ebay & make a killing. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're just trying to make me feel good, now, aren't you...

I never claimed to be a salesman. I got more than I paid. If someone wants to take a risk for the big bucks, then that is their perogative.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Actually I was trying to help you make more money when I made the suggestion earlier. Didn't want you to leave too much money on the table. I can see it going for $100+ on ebay. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I should have put a tongue.gif in my last post...

Really... I suck at selling things. I can't do the high-pressure, you-must-buy-or-lose-out schtick. I don't want to be overcharged, so I don't like doing it to others. I also don't like hanging on to things in a pending state for very long. I'm either interested in doing the deal or I'm not... which is weird since I'm one of the most patient guys you'll ever meet.

As I said, if others want to take the risks, then I guess they'll get the rewards.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan