• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

Is everyone playing nice this evening.... ?

Everyone should be extatic! CLONE, one of our babies, is headed to the small screen with Kirkman at the helm. That rocks!

Link please?

How is this different than ToT?

TV Annoucement for CLONE

So ... not different than ToT.

Which is fine. I was just looking for some perspective.

Hey mschmidt :hi:

Why so down on Monday? I would think this would be good news?

Just tired - SDCC was absolutely brutal.

Any news about a potential TV show based on a comic book is always good news, but it doesn't hurt to be realistic about this.

ToT is in development, Clone is in development, PP is in development, Rachel Rising is in development, etc, etc - it doesn't actually mean anything more than "some TV people have secured an option to potentially turn this property into a TV show - just like they do with pretty much every other hot comic book property these days".

I've got a boatload of Clone #1s, so I actually hope they succeed this time :wishluck:

Looks like PP and RR have momentum. I still like Locke and 6th Gun chances since they have pilots. I'd like to see them. I have heard nothing but the option for ToT so is buying the option for Clone a no brainier given who is involved? I can't imagine the option is all that expensive.

Hey mschmidt :hi:

Why so down on Monday? I would think this would be good news?

Just tired - SDCC was absolutely brutal.

Any news about a potential TV show based on a comic book is always good news, but it doesn't hurt to be realistic about this.

ToT is in development, Clone is in development, PP is in development, Rachel Rising is in development, etc, etc - it doesn't actually mean anything more than "some TV people have secured an option to potentially turn this property into a TV show - just like they do with pretty much every other hot comic book property these days".

I've got a boatload of Clone #1s, so I actually hope they succeed this time :wishluck:

I hear you brother... It's been a crazy week online and I know SDCC was nuts. I hope we do get to watch some more of these on the small screen. Clone would be awesome, Todd as well.

Comic-Con: Universal TV Lands Deal To Develop ‘Clone’ Comic As TV Series

I understand the ToT analogy, but ToT is not off the radar and has been doing well for the past year.

But no new TV news. I am not knocking ToT. I am just looking for the best comparison to Clone.

Looks like PP and RR have momentum. I still like Locke and 6th Gun chances since they have pilots. I'd like to see them. I have heard nothing but the option for ToT so is buying the option for Clone a no brainier given who is involved? I can't imagine the option is all that expensive.

If we sold options on the board, what kind would they be? The option to put the smack down on someone lol or the option to wrist slab someone for eating :popcorn:

lol

Comic-Con: Universal TV Lands Deal To Develop ‘Clone’ Comic As TV Series

I understand the ToT analogy, but ToT is not off the radar and has been doing well for the past year.

But no new TV news. I am not knocking ToT. I am just looking for the best comparison to Clone.

Gotcha. I'm still :wishluck: on ToT as well. I'm not up-to-date on my reading (think I'm on #12, but have to current in my "To Read" pile), but the series was not hitting for me past the first arc. I need to power through the next few issues. I never found out what happened to Conrad's sons girlfriend hm

The Clone tv deal is a bit different as the writer already has a contract with NBC.

This.

Clone, from writer/creator David Schulner (The Event, Kings, Trauma), is being developed for TV with the project set up at Universal Television under the scribe's overall deal with the studio. The TV adaptation was announced Saturday during Skybound's panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

With Kirkman, Engel, Alpert and Schulner's contract, it appears this has a really good chance to make it to air. I initially thought this was going to be another ToT, which isn't bad, but Schulner's contract with NBC Universal gives it a better chance to make it to air...for at least an episode.

Link

I've also seen a few articles stating this will air in 2014. I know this is early in the process and things can change, but it sounds like NBC is being pretty aggressive with getting something Kirkman-related to air.

Schulner paused for a special announcement that the series has landed at Universal to be developed into a network TV show. Schulner will be writing the first episode, airing in 2014, with Robert Kirkman producing.

Link

Which is still the same as ToT. (thumbs u

No. Its different.

The writer of Clone was hired by NBC years ago to develop television properties for the network. He isn't linked to the network simply because they are interested in Clone.

Which is still the same as ToT. (thumbs u

No. Its different.

The writer of Clone was hired by NBC years ago to develop television properties for the network. He isn't linked to the network simply because they are interested in Clone.

He signed a new deal with Universal TV last year - the only project he's done so far for them was Do No Harm which was cancelled after 2 episodes.