• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetness and Sadness from Sarasota

65 posts in this topic

Granted, they are production defects, rather than handling flaws, but so are production creases of the kind that killed the grade on my beloved ASM 100.

I seriously doubt that the production crease is what brought your ASM #100 down. I've had a Gaines File copy (that I submitted myself) with a printers crease half way across the book in the title area and the book graded a 9.6.

Steve, I finally got around to posting a scan of my ASM100. The book has the tiniest of LLC blunting, but it is the printer's (i.e., "nutsac") crease on the front (through the yellow near the word "issue") and two on the back cover that must account for the disappointing 9.0 grade. Added to the grade disappointment is the fact that the book has perfect registration, staple placement, and outstanding color preservation, features that can add to, or subtract from, the appeal of a book dramatically, but are given essentially no consideration in the CGC grading:

front cover

I agree from the scan, the book looks like a 9.4.

That said, THE ONLY WAY to find out why a book is graded the way it is, is to CALL CGC and ASKED for the GRADERS NOTES.

Maybe, there are a few very small NON-COLOR BREAKING CREASES.

I have a book that I bought slabbed that looks 9.4 yet it's graded 7.5. When I look at the book from an angle in the right light, I can see a huge non-color breaking crease.

Call CGC.

I agree from the scan, the book looks like a 9.4.

That said, THE ONLY WAY to find out why a book is graded the way it is, is to CALL CGC and ASKED for the GRADERS NOTES.

Maybe, there are a few very small NON-COLOR BREAKING CREASES.

I have a book that I bought slabbed that looks 9.4 yet it's graded 7.5. When I look at the book from an angle in the right light, I can see a huge non-color breaking crease.

Call CGC.

I think you mean call Matt Nelson, at least with respect to that book of yours. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

I think you mean call Matt Nelson, at least with respect to that book of yours.

Don't think I haven't thought of that. It happens to be a book that is the highest graded copy anyway, that I'm not planning on selling.

But I have a few other books that might go his way. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif