• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgc ss question...

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys

If you submitt an already graded book for signature submission is it regarded after being signed? As I imagine it could sustain some damage in the signing process. it would be really disappointing to submit a HG book and it to come back lower grade.

Thanks in advance

Jake

Yes, the book is regraded.

I don't see this specifically addressed on the CGG SS FAQ's page, but I know it's been mentioned in the Sig Forum previously. Here's a thread that refers to your question:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4399918&fpart=1

Hey guys

If you submitt an already graded book for signature submission is it regarded after being signed? As I imagine it could sustain some damage in the signing process. it would be really disappointing to submit a HG book and it to come back lower grade.

Thanks in advance

Jake

But if something happened to it during the signing, it should get a lower grade, no? You wouldn't want it to keep the higher grade if it was no longer true...

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Jake

But if something happened to it during the signing, it should get a lower grade, no? You wouldn't want it to keep the higher grade if it was no longer true...

I would not want it to be damaged nor would I want it to be misrepresented.

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Jake

(thumbs u It certainly could take a hit during the signing, although there are ways to prep it to minimize the risk. And of course, whenever you re/submit a comic, there's a risk that you won't get the grade you want/expect.

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Jake

(thumbs u It certainly could take a hit during the signing, although there are ways to prep it to minimize the risk. And of course, whenever you re/submit a comic, there's a risk that you won't get the grade you want/expect.

Yeah that double possibility is especially worrying as I was considering submitting some ba/ca 9.8 stuff.

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Jake

Yeah that double possibility is especially worrying as I was considering submitting some ba/ca 9.8 stuff.

I hear ya. I'd be too nervous to mess with those too.

I submitted a book (9.2 OW/W) the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

It came back after being signed 8.5 OW/W the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

The book was prepped right and was not damaged in any way.

Some days the grading Gods favor you and some days they do not.

I seriously thought the book would get a 9.4.

It was nearly a $300 loss for me. I will not gamble like that again. I will buy already SS

I submitted a book (9.2 OW/W) the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

It came back after being signed 8.5 OW/W the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

It was nearly a $300 loss for me. I will not gamble like that again. I will buy already SS

Other than for my stan sigs buying already graded CGC SS has been the way to go.

If it's a HG Key issue, then don't do it. It's not worth the risk.

Now, if it's a 9.0 or below, go for it.

My theory is to get sigs on low grade key books, and keep the HG stuff well...HG

If you submit an already graded book for signature submission is it regarded after being signed? As I imagine it could sustain some damage in the signing process. it would be really disappointing to submit a HG book and it to come back lower grade.

It is still regarded as a book and regraded when resubbed

Other than for my stan sigs buying already graded CGC SS has been the way to go.

And yet there are plenty of people out there that think they should be able to get a SS book for about the same price as the cost of a blue label copy plus the cost of getting the book signed and graded for SS. :screwy:

And yet there are plenty of people out there that think they should be able to get a SS book for about the same price as the cost of a blue label copy plus the cost of getting the book signed and graded for SS. :screwy:

Wait, why's that loopy?

Wait, why's that loopy?

It's loopy to think that someone else would do all the work and take all the risk and not charge anything for it. :baiting:

If you play cards right at auction... sometimes you can. SOMEtimes... most times no.