• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgc ss question...

22 posts in this topic

I submitted a book (9.2 OW/W) the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

It came back after being signed 8.5 OW/W the notes said 3/4 inch non color breaking crease.

The book was prepped right and was not damaged in any way.

Some days the grading Gods favor you and some days they do not.

I seriously thought the book would get a 9.4.

It was nearly a $300 loss for me. I will not gamble like that again. I will buy already SS

Other than for my stan sigs buying already graded CGC SS has been the way to go.

And yet there are plenty of people out there that think they should be able to get a SS book for about the same price as the cost of a blue label copy plus the cost of getting the book signed and graded for SS. :screwy:

Wait, why's that loopy?

It's loopy to think that someone else would do all the work and take all the risk and not charge anything for it. :baiting:

SS books also have associated fees involved that Universal books do not.

CGC charges more for an SS book.

Artists charge for their signatures.

CGC charges an additional fee for each additional signature.

Getting a book signed by 2 or more artists is not as easy as it used to be. I can understand a premium for SS books, but not the multiples some charge or attempt to charge.