• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk #181 - 4.5 - Stamp Intact! Lovely copy...NEW LOWER PRICE!

25 posts in this topic

I personally don't think the #181 is over-hyped. I realize I'm a bit biased here, but Wolverine is arguably one of the most popular characters to be created post-silver age and naturally his first appearance is a top-key book.

Anyway, regarding interior pictures, I've always been reluctant to lay open a book for interior shots. The comic just feels so...exposed. However, the inside is perfect and I suppose it would be good to show that Which pages/features would you suggest I take photos of?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I wish to make clear I wasn’t suggesting it is "over-hyped" in an artificial sense. I know the book is in high demand, and I like Wolverine.

But mostly I don’t think Wolverine deserves the success he’s had as a character, not because of the character per se, which I think is great, but because I think Marvel ruined it, as much as I think he did with almost all characters in recent years.

Besides this, that Wendigo story is a good story, but there are better stories in the Hulk run, and in that story we aren’t told so much about Wolverine, in fact little to nothing. I prefer early Len Wein X-Men for the affection to the character… ;)

So I think you understand I am just questioning the way books tend to be considered "keys", since often is pretty objectionable, and depends in many cases on their value as collectibles, and not on the actual quality of the stories.

About taking shots, huh? I’d understand if you were going to do scans: this can damage the book, but shots surely not. Anyway, it was just a suggestion, if you state the PQ there is no problem at all (although I have several bronze age books with such a bad printing that I am constantly trying to improve them by finding better-printed copies). :)

(Also an articulate way to find an excuse to bump your thread… lol )

Thanks for the bump (and well-considered reply). I didn't take any offense by the original post. I'm quickly finding that key books seems to evoke strong emotions on both sides of the aisle.

Anyway, anyone able to live in my favorite place on earth must be doing something right and should be listened to! Ciao!