• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Every comic has a group of people who

thought it was boring

didn't like the art

hated the cover

didn't like the writing

thought it was confusing

didn't understand it

passed

thought it was meh

said i'll grab it from $ boxes later on

will be surprised if it lasts a full year

states that anyone who pays X amount for a comic that's new is insane

wish they had bought more

sold the few copies they had for less than cover

ripped off the covers and pasted them onto binders

There's a reason I like you :golfclap:

The price tag is up to you. Are you willing to pay $75? If you think it is and are still not sure, you can always pirate it and see for yourself. I'm pretty sure pirating the comic is a valid choice since its sold out and has a hefty price tag.

Seriously? :facepalm:

Wait for the tpb. Get a third print. Buy from Comixology.

Pirating is not a valid option... unless you'd like whoever cuts your paycheck to suggest you working for free is a valid option.

Piracy is cool and then you realize your ripping off the really cool people and that's not cool. I read the letters column in Think Tank #5 this weekend and they have tracked the pirated versions of the books to 10,000 unique users OR double the paid readership. I wonder how much you would be helped if your paycheck was doubled... hm

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Piracy is cool and then you realize your ripping off the really cool people and that's not cool. I read the letters column in Think Tank #5 this weekend and they have tracked the pirated versions of the books to 10,000 unique users OR double the paid readership. I wonder how much you would be helped if your paycheck was doubled... hm

Or cut in half for that matter.

Or cut in half for that matter.

I'm a glass is half-full type of guy. ;)

Amazing. Even pirates can't track exactly how many time their files are shared.

And of course, every one of those 10,000 (lol) was a lost sale.

Amazing. Even pirates can't track exactly how many time their files are shared.

And of course, every one of those 10,000 (lol) was a lost sale.

The CIA knows. lol

Go buy issue 1-5, read the letters column in #5, then go back and read 1-5. You will thank me. ;)

it would be interesting to see, if piracy dried up tomorrow, what the increase in sales would look like...if it changed at all. Who knows, it might even drop.

hm

Piracy does increase exposure. I wonder if (I'm sure there is) there is data available on piracy conversion to legitimate purchases (ie: pirate #1, buy the trade)? Interesting...

TBP: I haven't read #3 yet (don't hit me), but did read Great Pacific #1 and Mind MGMT #1 and #2 this weekend.

it would be interesting to see, if piracy dried up tomorrow, what the increase in sales would look like...if it changed at all. Who knows, it might even drop.

This was all already gone over in the digital comics thread and it didn't end well but I believe it would either have no effect or it would actually have a negative effect on sales as a whole. Piracy/file-sharing isn't the enemy.

Btw, I just went to a torrent site, found a torrent for Think Tank #3 and it said this: "Downloaded 15 times." :ohnoez: