• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

especially as more variants of #1 are to come.

Says who?

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Is the CBLDF and ComicsPro the only two solid color variants? No all Purple or all Green?

Being an artist, writer, poet, or whatever......and having people comment on the fruits of your labor comes with the territory. Hopefully E.S. has a thick skin and takes it all in as constructive criticism. I've seen the same types of comments in the Chew thread and the PP thread where other writers and artists of those titles contribute to the thread.

The responses have ranged from comedic to caustic.....but so far nobody has bailed.

Yeah, I find everything Andy70 posts to be wildly amusing, especially the multiple posts after his "last word" on the subject. I wish I had as much time in the day to be angry at nothing as that guy does.

And then repeatedly post about it.

Everyone else seems fine -- met several folks from this board over the weekend, all of whom seemed quite nice.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Is the CBLDF and ComicsPro the only two solid color variants? No all Purple or all Green?

Yeah, like I said before, we really wouldn't do it unless there was a reason. We did the blue one as a thank you to retailers, we did the orange to support the CBLDF. I think it would be stupid to do another one for the Diamond retail summit, just too close, and honestly, by the time we get to the end of the first arc, we're going to be more concerned about issue 7 than issue 1.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Yeah, like I said before, we really wouldn't do it unless there was a reason. We did the blue one as a thank you to retailers, we did the orange to support the CBLDF. I think it would be stupid to do another one for the Diamond retail summit, just too close, and honestly, by the time we get to the end of the first arc, we're going to be more concerned about issue 7 than issue 1.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Just what I wanted to hear. Thank you for taking the time to answer that!

Now I need the next week to go by quick so I can get my hands on #4.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Ladies and Gentlemen E.S. is in the house and has Spoken!!! Let the subject be finished.

How was ECCC this weekend?

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Hi Eric,

glad to see you still posting. I really like your comments and perspectives on variants. Just a humorous suggestion, and I doubt it would actually happen, but why not:

--------------------

If the goal of variants is to draw in readership and bring attention to books, release the purple and green as ultra-limited variants, and sell them directly from Image's website. Print run of 100.

Include some sort of contest that directly involves fans. Like, have fans submit "fan art" for the series and give 10 of the 100 away to your top 10 favourite that get sent in.

The demand is there, I say harness the power of the secondary market. Some event like that, with an ultra low print run book....Can't even imagine the bloodbath of people trying to get it.

NWM would be top of BleedingCool.com and CBR for a long time.

Heck, why not do it monthly. 100 print run micro variant program, showcase a different book each month, direct from Image's website.

Edited by CBT

Forget all that. Can I just get a new issue in my hand to read please? I need my fix! :insane:

Yeah, I wish they shipped faster! Nate and I got copies to look at on Friday at ECCC. I had one out for people to flip through at my CBLDF signing.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Stop spending my moneyfist.gif

lol

well, seriously though.

Image limited variants, are easily the top dogs of the modern secondary market. Why not leverage them even stronger. They would definitely sell, and it would spotlight series on blogs and websites to a crazy degree.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Hi Eric,

glad to see you still posting. I really like your comments and perspectives on variants. Just a humorous suggestion, and I doubt it would actually happen, but why not:

--------------------

If the goal of variants is to draw in readership and bring attention to books, release the purple and green as ultra-limited variants, and sell them directly from Image's website. Print run of 100.

Include some sort of contest that directly involves fans. Like, have fans submit "fan art" for the series and give 10 of the 100 away to your top 10 favourite that get sent in.

The demand is there, I say harness the power of the secondary market. Some event like that, with an ultra low print run book....Can't even imagine the bloodbath of people trying to get it.

Heck, why not do it monthly. 100 print run micro variant program, showcase a different book each month, direct from Image's website.

That's not a bad idea. hm

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Hi Eric,

--------------------

That's not a bad idea. hm

Lets not do too much, when they start popping up on Home Shopping Network like in the 90s.. All our fun will be gone again.