• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I noticed the shift as well but with the low print run and if it can sustain it popularity, it will boost back up. People are flooding ebay now, hence the drop. Good time to buy.

If? No, no, no, sir. It will. This title is just so damned good. I will say I wasn't sold on it after the first two issues. But issue 3 nailed it for me. I love it so much, I went wild getting thought bubble variants yesterday on the selling forum. I might end up regretting it, but I'm a believer.

I read 1-3 again. Couldn't find my 4 to save my life.

I have to say, E.S. described it as a Fantastic Four of sorts (he had a much better explanation.)

I've allowed it to settle in my mind as a perfect blend of smarts (Manhattan Project) and super-powers (Fantastic Four.) Oh and throw in some top level mystery, insanely genius references and creative advertisements/bonus material.

I am glad I picked up a rough looking set of 1-3 in 2nd printings because I will be reading this over and over (and letting the co-workers do the same!)

:applause:

I noticed the shift as well but with the low print run and if it can sustain it popularity, it will boost back up. People are flooding ebay now, hence the drop. Good time to buy.

If? No, no, no, sir. It will. This title is just so damned good. I will say I wasn't sold on it after the first two issues. But issue 3 nailed it for me. I love it so much, I went wild getting thought bubble variants yesterday on the selling forum. I might end up regretting it, but I'm a believer.

+1

This title is an awesome read

Prices on this comic are dropping i would just wait 2 months and you should get a bargain.

Am I missing something? The most recent 1-3 sold BIN at $80. The #1 issues are going by themselves $30-40. That seems around the same price they were a couple months ago. If there's a price drop, it's miniscule.

I read 1-3 again. Couldn't find my 4 to save my life.

I have to say, E.S. described it as a Fantastic Four of sorts (he had a much better explanation.)

I've allowed it to settle in my mind as a perfect blend of smarts (Manhattan Project) and super-powers (Fantastic Four.) Oh and throw in some top level mystery, insanely genius references and creative advertisements/bonus material.

I am glad I picked up a rough looking set of 1-3 in 2nd printings because I will be reading this over and over (and letting the co-workers do the same!)

:applause:

Yep, I keep telling my buddy that this is the 21st century's answer to the Fantastic Four. I love how this book is developing. Just brilliant stuff.

Omg!!! Again with the variant rage? Don't buy the f-ing variant if it gets your balls in such a twist!!!!

LMFAO.

I don't buy the variants but they hurt the regular cover ebay sales.

They don't care about the secondary market, they are trying to gain readership.

Omg!!! Again with the variant rage? Don't buy the f-ing variant if it gets your balls in such a twist!!!!

LMFAO.

I don't buy the variants but they hurt the regular cover ebay sales.

They don't care about the secondary market, they are trying to gain readership.

Isnt the secondary market a driving force in many of the books that develop readership bumps? To totally shut out and "not care" about a sure fire way to increase direct sales would be very naive.

In other words, they absolutely care about the secondary market no matter what they say publicly. Its most definitely not their primary objective but if they are good business people they for sure want that part of the industry buzzing.

I believe its a fine line in trying to gain readership in the begging and still having some down the line. I believe many creators today are trying to start something off so its a grab as much as I can right off the bat type of a deal but I think that hurts sales later down the road where the 2nd hand market makes its biggest push.

Then again, who knows, maybe I am wrong and creators have zero business sense and only attack one avenue. Ive been wrong before lol

Edited by VEI Reborn

I agree that they don't care about the secondary market, but how exactly does producing two additional variants at 500 copies per, besides the TB variant and the reprints, attract readership? One big thing that attracts readership, besides producing a good book with great writing and art, is the price and collectibility of a book's back issues. I think Kevin is right that these Comics Pro and CBLDF variants just dilute the collectibility and value of issue 1. I think the regular cover and reprint of issue would've kept chugging along were it not for the release of these other two variants. But since these variants' release, the prices of the older issue 1s have taken a hit.

Not sure what impact these developments will have on the TB variant.

Edited by Manifesto

I agree that they don't care about the secondary market, but how exactly does producing two additional variants at 500 copies per, besides the TB variant and the reprints, attract readership? One big thing that attracts readership, besides producing a good book with great writing and art, is the price and collectibility of a book's back issues. I think Kevin is right that these Comics Pro and CBLDF variants just dilute the collectibility and value of issue 1. I think the regular cover and reprint of issue would've kept chugging along were it not for the release of these other two variants. But since these variants' release, the prices of the older issue 1s have taken a hit.

I think that was what I was trying to say, great post (thumbs u

How has the regular #1 taken a hit? It's always sold in the $30-40 range, and it's still going for that rate.