• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

@ Mysterio--Images website just changed the release date the past couple of days for #6 from May 29th to June 26th. Sucks. #4 already had a reprint released. Better late than cancelled. Stay positive bro. I think they'll stay on track from here on out. If a book kicks as much butts as Nowhere Men I ain't droppin it yo.

the bidding on the auction he posted is shilling

I see what you mean, since there were two low feedback buyers going at it at the end. With that said, the bidder with the highest feedback (504) was willing to pay $72, which is the highest a blue label 9.8 has gone for in a few weeks. The lowest being $41 last Sunday.

I see what you mean, since there were two low feedback buyers going at it at the end. With that said, the bidder with the highest feedback (504) was willing to pay $72, which is the highest a blue label 9.8 has gone for in a few weeks. The lowest being $41 last Sunday.

generally when people shill, there is a mix of fake accounts in there. Some high, some low. The very fact that a week after a 41, people voluntarily paid double should scream alarm bells to you.

Shills also know what people look for. So low account, with a high % bidding on one persons stuff is there to be seen in lazy shillers auctions (like this one). But whenever you see a ton of bids by very few people, (especially when low feedback accounts are involved), you should always question it.

Yes sometimes bidding wars happen, yes sometimes people over pay. But, in the end, everyone should always be striving to buy for as low as possible, and sell for as high as possible. Unusual auctions where people are acting against their own best interests, always need to have an asterisk in my book.

generally when people shill, there is a mix of fake accounts in there. Some high, some low. The very fact that a week after a 41, people voluntarily paid double should scream alarm bells to you.

Shills also know what people look for. So low account, with a high % bidding on one persons stuff is there to be seen in lazy shillers auctions (like this one). But whenever you see a ton of bids by very few people, (especially when low feedback accounts are involved), you should always question it.

Yes sometimes bidding wars happen, yes sometimes people over pay. But, in the end, everyone should always be striving to buy for as low as possible, and sell for as high as possible. Unusual auctions where people are acting against their own best interests, always need to have an asterisk in my book.

^^

Not everyone is buying for resell, I've placed "Stoooopid bids" on comics that I didn't plan on selling later, but high bids were placed just to try and win the auction, then someone comes along and tries to out bid me over and over again, If the auction is sitting at $50, most people with bid $55, 57, maybe 60 to try and win the auction with 3 minutes left, Screw that! with 3 minutes left I'm thinking $200 to win it because that is the absolute most I will pay! Then someone will come in at the last 45 seconds and rebid 5 or 6 times to try and out bid me with nickels and dimes.

Not everyone is buying for resell, I've placed "Stoooopid bids" on comics that I didn't plan on selling later, but high bids were placed just to try and win the auction, then someone comes along and tries to out bid me over and over again, If the auction is sitting at $50, most people with bid $55, 57, maybe 60 to try and win the auction with 3 minutes left, Screw that! with 3 minutes left I'm thinking $200 to win it because that is the absolute most I will pay! Then someone will come in at the last 45 seconds and rebid 5 or 6 times to try and out bid me with nickels and dimes.

Exact reason you should be snipping.

I would love to see ebay implement something that automatically adds a minute to the auction if a mid is placed on an item under 60 second. Then we would see some true values of items and eliminate sniping.

That being said. They need to take swifter actions on shill bidding.

Should we book a mohel for the briss?

Should we book a mohel for the briss?

:golfclap: