• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Crazy. Even I would have gone for that!

I won an auction from the same guy for Revival 1 & 2 CGC 9.8 for.....wait for it........$61

I'd love to hear better reasons why people don't like Nowhere Men. My guess would be the time jumping? Which I like. Easy to get a little confused from it. I think there are 3 time periods so far, maybe 2? Maybe the book has too much going on and is kind of all over the place? Which I like. Everything is well written in all the different areas of the stories with in the story. I don't think this is the kind of book you're going to "get" everything the first read through especially if you're only reading one issue every 4 to 6 weeks as it's released. Maybe try rereading the issues. My memory sucks so it helps to read anything 2 to 4 issues at a time. I think the pacing is average to little above average which I think is perfect because there are so many different threads going already. Each issue is really dense. Maybe people get too confused with too many parts of the book and don't want to bother rereading it or are only interested with one of the story lines? I've had lots of things I didn't like at first like music, tv, movies, people, art, or comics etc. and then later on realized how good they were. I'm guessing if you don't like it you're probably not understanding part or parts of it. Talk to me people.

I've enjoyed the book on the whole, there is skill on display, both in the writing and the art...but it is a cold read. A bit clinical. There's not a lot of fun. That would be my main criticism. But again, there's clearly been a lot of thought into the construction of the story, so I'll stick it out for at least a while longer.