• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

An Image boycott? I thought this thread was insane before...

I think people are just pissed that their big pile of #1s aren't worth much anymore. For me, I'll be buying the next issue whether it's out next week or next year. A delay doesn't change how good a story is.

No, it is the people that paid insane prices for all of the variants that are pissed that they are not worth much anymore. Those of us who bought big stacks of #1 from the get go have sold off enough copies early on to have made nice multiples on the investment. And, we still have a few copies in reserve just in case it ever gets back on track again.

That being said, I have pulled the book from my file and if I feel compelled to I will just buy a copy of #6 off the shelf (it it ever arrives) to complete the series.

I think folks have the right to express their displeasure regardless of whether or not they've invested heavily. Right is right after all.....and the delays in spite of what they're actually because of, are highly unproductive to the series and the readership. It's also very unprofessional for E.S. NOT to clarify WHY, when it takes a few keystrokes...especially when he's been given ample opportunity to do so.

It would do alot to assuage the concerns of fans and it doesn't really take any effort at all or take away from his other duties.

It's just a dicky move that he's been so silent.

It didn't take much for everyone to turn on ES. You all loved him when he was giving out free signed copies of #1.

Actually, the signed copy of #2 is one of the reasons I'm sticking around. The other is the story that I've enjoyed so far. Yes, I wish it was more regular, but there are lots of other books to read till the next one comes out. :wishluck:

It didn't take much for everyone to turn on ES. You all loved him when he was giving out free signed copies of #1.

I'd have to agree.

I also agree with the theory presented that Nate is the hold-up, and ES refuses to throw him under the bus.

E.S. can also "turn" things around if the commentary is unfair. All it takes is for him to poke his nose in here and straighten out the controversy.

To date all I've seen is repeated delays with lack of explanation.

He left because he was getting grief for no good reason. You think with the last few dozen pages it's likely to make him want to post again?

And btw, there is no "controversy". It's just a bunch of people being very vocal and crying about a late comic book like it matters. Read that again with some perspective. A comic book is late.

Edited by Katchoo

He left because he was getting grief for no good reason.

People need thicker skin. Especially here lol

I don't think it's about having thick skin or not. I'd guess he just couldn't be bothered with wildly_fanciful_statement anymore and I don't blame him. I'm pretty sure he's got better things to do.

He left because he was getting grief for no good reason.

People need thicker skin. Especially here lol

I don't think it's about having thick skin or not. I'd guess he just couldn't be bothered with wildly_fanciful_statement anymore and I don't blame him. I'm pretty sure he's got better things to do.

Things that apparently don't include writing Nowhere Men lol

I haven't turned on him, but the phenomenon happens in anything. People love athletes until they stop performing, or pull an OJ or A-Rod. People love movie stars, until they start making bad movies or go on a bender, or pull a Joaquin Phoenix. People love musicians, until they pull a Michael Jackson. It doesn't take much for people to fall out of love and move on to the next thing :foryou:

Wonder how Joaquin is doing these days? hm

9443389371_977622658d.jpg

E.S. left because that CBLDF deal (almost deal) ticked him off...at least that's what I believe...he probably just wanted to distance himself from the speculators.

I know that's why, and that's fine. It shouldn't affect his work (or output) on the series though... 2c

E.S. left because that CBLDF deal (almost deal) ticked him off...at least that's what I believe...he probably just wanted to distance himself from the speculators.

That is asinine. Speculators help sell comics plain and simple. I cant believe someone running a comic book company [that offers tons of variants and extra printings] would be run off by speculators.

I haven't turned on him, but the phenomenon happens in anything. People love athletes until they stop performing, or pull an OJ or A-Rod. People love movie stars, until they start making bad movies or go on a bender, or pull a Joaquin Phoenix. People love musicians, until they pull a Michael Jackson. It doesn't take much for people to fall out of love and move on to the next thing :foryou:

He didn't do any of those things though. A book he writes is late :ohnoez:

:facepalm:

That is asinine. Speculators help sell comics plain and simple. I cant believe someone running a comic book company [that offers tons of variants and extra printings] would be run off by speculators.

I'm not surprised after he said this in May...

"It’s just inconsiderate and it puts them in the same category as ticket scalpers, whom I think most of the world loathe."

Source

I've dropped the book from my pull as I was doing some summer cleaning. I plan to pick up the trade. Hopefully it's a nice HC with some cool extras.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I would have wanted to distance myself from that too. It was a cluster-*spoon*.

Edited by Katchoo

He didn't do any of those things though. A book he writes is late :ohnoez:

:facepalm:

Re-read :facepalm:

Cited as examples :ohnoez: