• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White vs Off-White to White

44 posts in this topic

How much better is white pages vs off-white to white pages? Should I paid extra to get the same grade but white pages instead of off-white to white?

I store all the slabs I own and will sell in the non-air conditioned garage. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Sometimes, these slabs will sit the garage for 2-3 years before I sell them because I tend to ask a premium for the books since we are talking about rare 9.8 bronze and copper age books. Luckily they were labelled as White at the time they were slabbed.

The slabs I plan on keeping in my collection are in an air conditioned room.

:facepalm:

How much better is white pages vs off-white to white pages? Should I paid extra to get the same grade but white pages instead of off-white to white?

I store all the slabs I own and will sell in the non-air conditioned garage. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Sometimes, these slabs will sit the garage for 2-3 years before I sell them because I tend to ask a premium for the books since we are talking about rare 9.8 bronze and copper age books. Luckily they were labelled as White at the time they were slabbed.

How warped and contorted is the plastic shell by the time you sell them?

Have you ever cooked breakfast on top of one?

If you tilt one upside down, does the paper sift to the other side like an hour glass?

DG

:facepalm:

I trust everyone knows I was being sarcastic with my response. I only own a handful of slabbed comics which I started pursuing this year. I find 9.4 CGCs is my sweet spot, but I've already mentioned this in another thread. I look for white pages, but ow-white is okay too.

On a more serious note, has anyone ever returned a slabbed CGC book that was labelled as WHITE because they can tell from looking at the book that it is not white any more? I would think a white cover would be easy to tell if the book has been stored properly, but I also think you can tell if the interior pages are not white. I know on raw books, it is very apparent which books have white pages and which books have less than white pages from the top of the books when they are in a box.

Also, since we are talking about pulp, there are degrees of white. Can a non-modern printed comic really have true white pages? Does the OWL card represent all publishers paper stock over the years?