• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALL SOLD & CLOSED!!!

25 posts in this topic

Well, I'm done to a handful of books in my collection. I've even sold many of those pictured in signature line (time to update it...).

:blahblah:

Feel free to send me offers via PM if you don't like the prices, but are sincerely interested - I'm going to go by the sticker prices I had on the books from the last local con as a starting point. I won't refuse any reasonable offers, but I'm in no hurry to sell some of these bad boys. I'm more likely to discount if I can avoid Paypal fees via M/O or cash transactions, or even CDN funds.

Having said that here are the rules:

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

• Money Orders (please make sure to use an international M/O if outside of Canada)
  • Cash (if it's pick-up ONLY - Pick-ups are encouraged)
  • Paypal (CDN funds are welcomed!)
  • I will consider payment plans for any large purchases

SHIPPING DETAILS:

I haven't shipped much the last year or so, so I'm not too sure of prices, but please be re-assured that you will pay the actual cost of shipping! Insurance is MANDATORY to protect BOTH parties.. NOTE: Canada Post seems to only insure up to $1,000.00, so I might have to resort to UPS or another courier to insure over $1K. Refusal to pay for insurance means I will refuse selling to you. And I will ship to ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE, as long as you are willing to pay the cost of shipping.

PMs:

Like I said, please send them! But a :takeit: trumps all.

PRESSING:

I'm not a pressing advocate, but these books were bought from different sources over the years, including here, and no one mentioned any pressing when they were purchased.

PROBATION & HALL OF SHAME MEMBERS:

Please don't bother.

On to the goodies!!!

(I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the slab images - my scanner doesn't do slabs, and I still don't have a camera outside of my iPhone.

Here Is the Tentative List of Books I'm Putting Up for Sale

• X-MEN #1 CGC SS STAN LEE 2.0 CR/OWP - asking price $1,575.00 USD
  • X-MEN #1 CGC 3.5 OW/WP - asking price $1,650.00 USD
  • GREEN LANTERN #76 CGC 7.5 OW/WP - asking price $695.00 $600.00 USD
  • DETECTIVE COMICS #371 7.0(raw) - asking price $55.00 $45.00 USD
  • FANTASTIC FOUR #72 CGC SS STAN LEE 5.5 CR/OWP - asking price $145.00 $125.00USD
  • BYRNE/COCKRUM/CLAREMONT LOT - asking price $900.00 $850.00 USD

I have some others, but I'll see what happens with these. Thanks for looking!

NO LONGER FOR SALE

X-MEN #1 CGC SS STAN LEE 2.0 CR/OWP - asking price $1,575.00 USD

This is the 2nd copy of X-MEN #1 I ever bought, and one I was going to keep until I got a 4.0 signed by STAN LEE last year. This puppy was purchased from a boardie 4-5 years ago if I recall correctly. Thanks again to the original seller - this book has been loved and enjoyed!!! (worship) I hope it finds a new happy home!

XMEN_1C_FC.jpg

XMEN_1C_BC-1.jpg

NO LONGER FOR SALE

X-MEN #1 CGC 3.5 OW/WP - asking price $1,650.00 USD

This is the 1st copy of X-MEN #1 I ever bought, and another one I was going to keep until I got a 4.0 signed by STAN LEE last year. Like the 2.0 copy it was purchased from a boardie, but I remember from whom - BLUE808 about 5-6 years ago IIRC. Thanks again - this book has been loved and enjoyed!!! (worship) I hope it finds a new happy home!

XMEN_1B_FC.jpg

XMEN_1B_BC.jpg

This is a sweet-looking 3.5. The colours are rich and vibrant. The BC is awesome, and the real flaw is a tear running horizontally through the top of the "EN" in "X-MEN" on the FC. You can see the Marvel chipping along the edge next to the "N". A few dealers complimented it's eye appeal at the local con a few weeks ago. It's actually nicer-looking than my 4.0, but the latter is signed so...

This is the 1st copy of X-MEN #1 I ever bought, and another one I was going to keep until I got a 4.0 signed by STAN LEE last year. Like the 2.0 copy it was purchased from a boardie, but I remember from whom - BLUE808 about 5-6 years ago IIRC. Thanks again - this book has been loved and enjoyed!!! (worship) I hope it finds a new happy home!

XMEN_1B_BC.jpg

crummy photo - I'll try and get a better one, because this is a sweet-looking 3.5. The colours are rich and vibrant. The BC is awesome, and the real flaw is a tear running horizontally through the top of the "EN" in "X-MEN" on the FC. You can see the Marvel chipping along the edge next to the "N". A few dealers complimented it's eye appeal at the local con a few weeks ago. It's actually nicer-looking than my 4.0, but the latter is signed so...

nice back cover.. :P

A new pic on the 3.5 would be sweet. :wishluck:

Agreed. Looking forward to it.

+2

No offense, but that one looks like you took it with the book at the bottom of a fish tank.

Hehe.... I'm updating them at the moment! :headbang:

Mail it to me....Ill scan it for you. hm

XMEN_1B_BC.jpg

crummy photo - I'll try and get a better one, because this is a sweet-looking 3.5. The colours are rich and vibrant. The BC is awesome, and the real flaw is a tear running horizontally through the top of the "EN" in "X-MEN" on the FC. You can see the Marvel chipping along the edge next to the "N". A few dealers complimented it's eye appeal at the local con a few weeks ago. It's actually nicer-looking than my 4.0, but the latter is signed so...

Aren't you one of those back cover add collector/dealers??? :baiting:

+2

No offense, but that one looks like you took it with the book at the bottom of a fish tank.

Sure. Postage is $1,650.00USD!!! lol

GREEN LANTERN #76 CGC 7.5 OW/WP - asking price $695.00 USD

What do I have to say about this BRONZE AGE classic by ADAMS and O'NEIL??? I was going to keep this one, as it was the highest graded copy I had, but I've decided to sell it. Sold the 6.0, and then the 7.0. Now hopefully the 7.5 too... :wishluck: I believe I purchased it from BELLRULES a few summers back when he was unloading his collection. In fact, I believe I bought the 3 I just mentioned from him. He had about 5 or 6 of them IIRC.

GL_76_FC.jpg

GL_76_BC.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR #72 CGC SS STAN LEE 5.5 CR/OWP - asking price $145.00 USD

The SURFER is my favourite superhero and having a SURFER book signed by STAN LEE is just plain cool. This too was purchased from a fellow boardie a few years back. Thanks to whomever you were!!! (thumbs u

FF_72_FC.jpg

FF_72_BC.jpg

XMEN_1B_BC.jpg

Yes...I take the books, clip the ad and mail it in. I've got like 6 jumbo planes for $1 each from SC 22's!

XMEN_1B_BC.jpg

Yes...I take the books, clip the ad and mail it in. I've got like 6 jumbo planes for $1 each from SC 22's!

That's the spirit! Crack'em open and enjoy them!!! :insane:

+2

Sure. Postage is $1,650.00USD!!! lol

Damn Canada Post !