• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALLEY OOP got MAD in the JUNGLE and HIT some OTHERS he SMASHed 10% OFF

79 posts in this topic

3 D Sheena , It's a nice copy, at least a VG/F, with non color breaking creases, but the original glasses are not there. I'm including a pair of Harvey glasses and I'm pricing it just over the good price $75.00

sheena3D_0001.jpg

sheena3D_0002.jpg

and last but certainly not least...

Target #5, Wolverton, Origin of the White Streak. 1940, and it’s a very tough book. The good news is the pages are about white, the colors on the cover are great and it looks wonderful in a mylar. The bad news is, the cover is detached and there are 3 splits, about 50% of the cover …and there is a panel cut from the Bulls Eye Bill Story. $350

target5_0001.jpg

target5_0002.jpg

I'm not going to grade it, but I figure it's less than good...It's got tape on the cover (I don't know if you can see it, and a few other pieces. The cover is taped on to the first wrap, plus a few more pieces inside., there are a few loose centerfolds too. Pages seem OK except the centerfold is somewhat split at the fold.

It seems to be rare, there are only 5 on the census and the only ones I could find was one on eBay that has a sticker glued to it and a big coupon cut from the back . The one actually looks better if you just look at the cover.

For some reason I paid $75 for it ...it's complete at least...and I'd take $75,

or if you think it's not worth it, you can make an offer and I'll decide or put it on eBay or something:)

jungle12_0001.jpg

jungle12_0002.jpg

:takeit:

I'm not going to grade it, but I figure it's less than good...It's got tape on the cover (I don't know if you can see it, and a few other pieces. The cover is taped on to the first wrap, plus a few more pieces inside., there are a few loose centerfolds too. Pages seem OK except the centerfold is somewhat split at the fold.

It seems to be rare, there are only 5 on the census and the only ones I could find was one on eBay that has a sticker glued to it and a big coupon cut from the back . The one actually looks better if you just look at the cover.

For some reason I paid $75 for it ...it's complete at least...and I'd take $75,

or if you think it's not worth it, you can make an offer and I'll decide or put it on eBay or something:)

jungle12_0001.jpg

jungle12_0002.jpg

SOLD!

THanks so much, Larry:) (worship)

Ken was kind enough to do a Decepticon before he left...thanks so much, Ken! (worship)

Recap of what's left:

page 1

Alley Oop #11, nice copy with 2 long ncb lines and some color touch on Alley's shirt, very small spine split. App VG+ $31.00

Alley Oop #13, staples have some rust, some ncb bends, VG- $28.00

Alley Oop #14 Front looks better than VG, back has some bug damage.

Gd/VG $20

Alley Oop #15, Creasing, Grade is gd/vg $20

Alley Oop #16, moisture stain on the top, back cover, goes through a few pages, front looks better than VG, grade is VG- $20.

All-Time Sports Stories #6, spine roll, Hillman, 1949, all sports stories. Chase Me, VG $25.00

page 2

Hit Comics #28, Quality, Centerfold is detached, cover is attached, but there is a tear at the staple. Good Betty Bates, Story. GD/VG $50.00

Hit Comics #30, Kid Eternity, His Highness, Betty Bates, Stormy Foster, good stories.

Cover Detached, nice pages,3 centerfolds detached, single staple has rust, Good, $40.00

Hit Comics #37, some non color breaking creases, might even be VG+, Kid Eternity, GGA in Bob and Swab VG, $55

Feature Book #56, Good, ¼ “ spine split, piece missing at right edge. $25.00

Four Color # 535, I Love Lucy, Photo Cover, creasing, pencil Good $28.00

[

page 3

Jungle Comics #42, This is one of those strange page counts...where one fold was glued in on the left and another page was sliced out. It's complete, the cover is about a VG, but it's detached and the insides supple, but they are not exactly cut properly, and two or so folds are detached, I saw a few little pieces of tape. I guess the grade is good and I am guessing on this one. It's complete and I learned something...I didn't know Fiction House did those odd page counts, I thought it was mostly DC with a few Timelys...but I confirmed it..http://twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf Also Scarce! There are only 4 on the census... $45

Jungle #98, Used in SOTI, writing on cover, 1 inch tear right edge. Gd/VG $42.00

Mad #2 Low grade, there is ½ a panel torn out of one story, the pages are Off-white or better. $65

page 4

Mad #4 , The scan is crooked, not the book...sorry about that;) 2” tear front, stain on back, and there is an extra piece of cover on the back. Pages are close to white. This was a hot issue, because REEFER  is mentioned. Good $70

Mad #5 Fair/Good Cover is detached, tape inside front cover. It's a little better than Fair, but not Good. This book had low distribution $90

Mad #7 VG- Hey You look , there is a 1” spine split and a piece of tape over the top staple,small piece of tape lower right. There is a date in the lamppost in ink. Shemlock Shomes is the first story $95 

Mad #10 Fair Cover is detached, there are 4 pieces of tape inside. Pages ae off-white and supple. $20

Mad #11 Complete but the cover is completely split at the spine and there are two large tears. Fair Wolverton Cover $17

Mad 12, Some old tape on the inside of the spine, white supple pages, it’s just been read a lot..Fair/Gd $ 19

Mad #13 Fair, Cover is completely split, White to offwhite pages $15

Mad #14 Cover detached, some spine splitting, pages are off-white. Fair/Good $25

page 5

Mad #15 Cover is attached, but barely, there is a 2” split in the middle of the spine, white pages. Good- $24

Mad #17 Nice pages (even though they are upside down), cover is attached, there is one small piece of tape inside, and a 2 inch split in the middle of the cover spine (between the staples), Good $25

Mad #18 Fair/Good, cover split about 5 inches from top down, 1 piece of tape inside the front cover, you can see the stain. Pages are nice. $22.00

Mad #19 ½ inch spine split top small tear at lower staple, ½ inch tear right edge, 1” tear on the back VG- . $48

Mad #20 Just an average book with a slight spine roll and wear...the paper was very thin on these issues... Gd/VG $45

Mad #21, Good, Cover is attached but barely. $30

Mad #22 GD/VG Picasso Parody cover. $35

Mad #23, Good+ the cover is attached, but barely. This was the last comic sized issue of Mad $40

Marvel Family #29, this one should work as a gift for a coin/paper money collector:)

Fawcett…a basic VG. $45

page 6

Popular Comics #61, Dell, 1941.

In addition to the Voice, this one has Professor Supermind and Son. It's a fascinating series if you are not familiar with it, because way back, 70 years ago, he was using a giant television (remember when they first came out they were tiny) to locate anything...(GPS:) and the fact that he basically shoots his son up with some kind of electrical HR? rays to make him Super is pretty neat, too;) You'll have to read it and see:)

neat cover, with electrical blasters of some kind;) 3/4 inch cover tear upper left...2 centerfolds are detached. otherwise VG There are only 2 on the Census

$70

Popular Comics #65, Dell, 1941.

Supermind, the Voice, Marvel Man and lots more...small piece of tape on the bottom of the inside cover, otherwise it's VG or a drop better.. There are only 4 of these on the Census. $55

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #5, Obvious spine roll and the staples might be dark...1/2 inch tear right edge, nice paper and cover color. Matt Baker cover $80

Sheena #8, Baker Cover, great color, nice gloss, white pages, small piece off cover, lower left, VG- (3.5) $70

Fiction House, Sheena #9, Obvious spine roll, some small tears on a few inside pages, but they are white to off-white and supple, it's just wear. Gd/VG. Baker Cover $60

Sheena Queen of the Jungle #10, there is a tear lower right and one at the base of the spine in the back. there are 2 pieces of what might be archival tape inside the front cover next to where the lower right tear is. Some rippling at the back edge. White pages, Baker cover. $ 46.00

page 7

3 D Sheena , It's a nice copy, at least a VG/F, with non color breaking creases, but the original glasses are not there. I'm including a pair of Harvey glasses and I'm pricing it just over the good price $75.00

Smash Comics #58, Quality a , nice copy, I purchased it here as Fine-, but I think it’s a little better than that…there is a small chip off the lower spine in the back, or a bite…$55.00

Target #5, Wolverton, Origin of the White Streak. 1940, and it’s a very tough book. The good news is the pages are about white, the colors on the cover are great and it looks wonderful in a mylar. The bad news is, the cover is detached and there are 3 splits, about 50% of the cover …and there is a panel cut from the Bulls Eye Bill Story. $350

I'm not surprised that it sold fast -- nice buy for $25!

JPS

Liberty Comics #10, MLJ, I don't see a date, but it's from the 40's. Reprints 3 Hangman Stories, including #8. , so if you can't afford the pricey originals, this is a neat book. I bought it here a long time ago as a VG, but it's not quite that.SOLD!

Good+, spine roll, some tears at the spine that go into the book. $25.00

The Green Mask, Vol 2, #2, Fox Features, cover and centerfold are attached, creasing and tears right edge, Good $19.00

Jack Armstrong #6, Cover is attached, stains, creases, supple pages, $11.00

Jungle Comics #38 Note, this one is scarce, there are only 2 on the census I bought several of these from the same person at the same time, and I wonder if I had been drinking wine or something, Anyway...I thought this was complete when I bought it, but it's not...I see a cover on eBay for $15, this is missing an entire story from the middle, the other stories seem to be complete. $15 if you can use it.

Jungle 61, lower staple is detached, 3 inch spine split. Pages are supple and nice. Good, $25.00

Jungle #140, Cover detached at top staple, some small chips on spine and top, Good- $15.00

Popular Comics # 53, Dell, 1940 Cover detached, tape, nice paper. This issue has some kind of origin story (even though 51 says it's the origin .the cover of # 53 says Introducing the Voice. The Voice is a detective who wears clothing that makes him invisible...most of the stories in these Popular books are good to read. $36.00

T-man #14, also Quality Comics....Hitler cover has a chew upper left, great colors, $20.00

Jack

The Green Mask, Vol 2, #2, Fox Features, cover and centerfold are attached, creasing and tears right edge, Good $19.00

Jack Armstrong #6, Cover is attached, stains, creases, supple pages, $11.00

Jungle Comics #38 Note, this one is scarce, there are only 2 on the census I bought several of these from the same person at the same time, and I wonder if I had been drinking wine or something, Anyway...I thought this was complete when I bought it, but it's not...I see a cover on eBay for $15, this is missing an entire story from the middle, the other stories seem to be complete. $15 if you can use it.

Jungle 61, lower staple is detached, 3 inch spine split. Pages are supple and nice. Good, $25.00

Jungle #140, Cover detached at top staple, some small chips on spine and top, Good- $15.00

Popular Comics # 53, Dell, 1940 Cover detached, tape, nice paper. This issue has some kind of origin story (even though 51 says it's the origin .the cover of # 53 says Introducing the Voice. The Voice is a detective who wears clothing that makes him invisible...most of the stories in these Popular books are good to read. $36.00

T-man #14, also Quality Comics....Hitler cover has a chew upper left, great colors, $20.00

Jack

Thanks, Jack:) SOLD! (worship)

One discount on the remaining books...take 10% off

and thank you for looking:)

Recap of what's left:

page 1

Alley Oop #11, nice copy with 2 long ncb lines and some color touch on Alley's shirt, very small spine split. App VG+ $31.00

Alley Oop #13, staples have some rust, some ncb bends, VG- $28.00

Alley Oop #14 Front looks better than VG, back has some bug damage.

Gd/VG $20

Alley Oop #15, Creasing, Grade is gd/vg $20

Alley Oop #16, moisture stain on the top, back cover, goes through a few pages, front looks better than VG, grade is VG- $20.

All-Time Sports Stories #6, spine roll, Hillman, 1949, all sports stories. Chase Me, VG $25.00

page 2

Hit Comics #28, Quality, Centerfold is detached, cover is attached, but there is a tear at the staple. Good Betty Bates, Story. GD/VG $50.00

Hit Comics #30, Kid Eternity, His Highness, Betty Bates, Stormy Foster, good stories.

Cover Detached, nice pages,3 centerfolds detached, single staple has rust, Good, $40.00

Hit Comics #37, some non color breaking creases, might even be VG+, Kid Eternity, GGA in Bob and Swab VG, $55

Feature Book #56, Good, ¼ “ spine split, piece missing at right edge. $25.00

Four Color # 535, I Love Lucy, Photo Cover, creasing, pencil Good $28.00

[

page 3

Jungle Comics #42, This is one of those strange page counts...where one fold was glued in on the left and another page was sliced out. It's complete, the cover is about a VG, but it's detached and the insides supple, but they are not exactly cut properly, and two or so folds are detached, I saw a few little pieces of tape. I guess the grade is good and I am guessing on this one. It's complete and I learned something...I didn't know Fiction House did those odd page counts, I thought it was mostly DC with a few Timelys...but I confirmed it..http://twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf Also Scarce! There are only 4 on the census... $45

Jungle #98, Used in SOTI, writing on cover, 1 inch tear right edge. Gd/VG $42.00

Mad #2 Low grade, there is ½ a panel torn out of one story, the pages are Off-white or better. $65

page 4

Mad #4 , The scan is crooked, not the book...sorry about that;) 2” tear front, stain on back, and there is an extra piece of cover on the back. Pages are close to white. This was a hot issue, because REEFER  is mentioned. Good $70

Mad #5 Fair/Good Cover is detached, tape inside front cover. It's a little better than Fair, but not Good. This book had low distribution $90

Mad #7 VG- Hey You look , there is a 1” spine split and a piece of tape over the top staple,small piece of tape lower right. There is a date in the lamppost in ink. Shemlock Shomes is the first story $95 

Mad #10 Fair Cover is detached, there are 4 pieces of tape inside. Pages ae off-white and supple. $20

Mad #11 Complete but the cover is completely split at the spine and there are two large tears. Fair Wolverton Cover $17

Mad 12, Some old tape on the inside of the spine, white supple pages, it’s just been read a lot..Fair/Gd $ 19

Mad #13 Fair, Cover is completely split, White to offwhite pages $15

Mad #14 Cover detached, some spine splitting, pages are off-white. Fair/Good $25

page 5

Mad #15 Cover is attached, but barely, there is a 2” split in the middle of the spine, white pages. Good- $24

Mad #17 Nice pages (even though they are upside down), cover is attached, there is one small piece of tape inside, and a 2 inch split in the middle of the cover spine (between the staples), Good $25

Mad #18 Fair/Good, cover split about 5 inches from top down, 1 piece of tape inside the front cover, you can see the stain. Pages are nice. $22.00

Mad #19 ½ inch spine split top small tear at lower staple, ½ inch tear right edge, 1” tear on the back VG- . $48

Mad #20 Just an average book with a slight spine roll and wear...the paper was very thin on these issues... Gd/VG $45

Mad #21, Good, Cover is attached but barely. $30

Mad #22 GD/VG Picasso Parody cover. $35

Mad #23, Good+ the cover is attached, but barely. This was the last comic sized issue of Mad $40

Marvel Family #29, this one should work as a gift for a coin/paper money collector:)

Fawcett…a basic VG. $45

page 6

Popular Comics #61, Dell, 1941.

In addition to the Voice, this one has Professor Supermind and Son. It's a fascinating series if you are not familiar with it, because way back, 70 years ago, he was using a giant television (remember when they first came out they were tiny) to locate anything...(GPS:) and the fact that he basically shoots his son up with some kind of electrical HR? rays to make him Super is pretty neat, too;) You'll have to read it and see:)

neat cover, with electrical blasters of some kind;) 3/4 inch cover tear upper left...2 centerfolds are detached. otherwise VG There are only 2 on the Census

$70

Popular Comics #65, Dell, 1941.

Supermind, the Voice, Marvel Man and lots more...small piece of tape on the bottom of the inside cover, otherwise it's VG or a drop better.. There are only 4 of these on the Census. $55

Sheena, Queen of the Jungle #5, Obvious spine roll and the staples might be dark...1/2 inch tear right edge, nice paper and cover color. Matt Baker cover $80

Sheena #8, Baker Cover, great color, nice gloss, white pages, small piece off cover, lower left, VG- (3.5) $70

Fiction House, Sheena #9, Obvious spine roll, some small tears on a few inside pages, but they are white to off-white and supple, it's just wear. Gd/VG. Baker Cover $60

Sheena Queen of the Jungle #10, there is a tear lower right and one at the base of the spine in the back. there are 2 pieces of what might be archival tape inside the front cover next to where the lower right tear is. Some rippling at the back edge. White pages, Baker cover. $ 46.00

page 7

Smash Comics #58, Quality a , nice copy, I purchased it here as Fine-, but I think it’s a little better than that…there is a small chip off the lower spine in the back, or a bite…$55.00

Alley Oop #17, staples have some rust, front looks nice GGA Cover, Fine- (5.5) $44.00

alleyoop17_0001.jpg

alleyoop17_0002.jpg

Thank you:) Sold! (worship)

Nice! :applause:

I like that cover. Schomburg initialed it in the right corner but he didn't put his mark on some of the other AOs.

:cloud9: