• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 - guess the grade

42 posts in this topic

Wow, that incredibly low grade shows the great hypocrisy of CGC, you can have a far worse looking Hulk 1 with tape down the entire outside spine of the cover (greatly detracting from the appearance a lot more than this one) and still get a technical 3.5/3.0 depending on how good the tape job is. This far superior looking (almost mid grade in wear/appearance) book only has tape on the inside cover making it invisible on presentation and far more desirable and they slam it down to a 2.0. :screwy:

There is not a single person in there right mind that would not pay 2.0+ market price for this book when it looks 4.0/4.5 with some inside the cover tape that should at worst make it no lower than a 3.0 even on the very worst day of a graders life. (death in family, spouse caught in the act cheating etc!) :)

These extreme CGC grading discrepancies have gotten far too common. I already have 2 Hulk 1's so I am not in the market and I would pay GPA 2.5 market price on that book today! (PM me if interested) :baiting:

Lets see, you seem to hate CGC but are more than happy to defend PGX. Why are you on these boards??

Wow, that incredibly low grade shows the great hypocrisy of CGC, you can have a far worse looking Hulk 1 with tape down the entire outside spine of the cover (greatly detracting from the appearance a lot more than this one) and still get a technical 3.5/3.0 depending on how good the tape job is. This far superior looking (almost mid grade in wear/appearance) book only has tape on the inside cover making it invisible on presentation and far more desirable and they slam it down to a 2.0. :screwy:

There is not a single person in there right mind that would not pay 2.0+ market price for this book when it looks 4.0/4.5 with some inside the cover tape that should at worst make it no lower than a 3.0 even on the very worst day of a graders life. (death in family, spouse caught in the act cheating etc!) :)

These extreme CGC grading discrepancies have gotten far too common. I already have 2 Hulk 1's so I am not in the market and I would pay GPA 2.5 market price on that book today! (PM me if interested) :baiting:

Lets see, you seem to hate CGC but are more than happy to defend PGX. Why are you on these boards??

So if anyone has had some bad experience with CGC and likes to voice their opinion in hopes that things will someday improve, they are no longer welcome on the CGC message boards? Last I checked, we are still in a free country, (for now) and voicing our opinion is how you try to get some poor business practices to improve. Question is, why would anyone want to be a blind CGC apologist? You think CGC perfect???

No, I did not defend PGX, I slammed them just as bad in areas like over grading, worse resto detection, worse resale etc, but I do like their slab cases, low cost, tighter grading above 9.2 and turn times, (things I greatly wish CGC would improve on). So if you are honest with yourself, you have to give both negatives and positives when performing a fair and honest evaluation, even if they can barely be called competition.