• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Moved to Ebay

104 posts in this topic

It's come time to re-evaluate the focus of my collection. I had condition-consciousness hammered into me when I was a teenage collector. As a result, I've always been drawn to trying to acquire books in as high-grade condition as my budget would afford. As a result, I've accumulated a number of books simply because they are high-grade and as a result I have a number of books that I really don't have a strong attachment to and a number of runs I'll never finish. And these books are taking up a lot of room to boot. So time to re-focus and thin-out.

About the books:

While I have a variety of publishers and ages, most are from the 80's and tilted toward DC. Thus, while these books may not be much to write home about, most are in such nice shape that the condition-freak in me just can't allow me to move them in to my reader boxes. So I'll give 'em a shot here.

All of these books are stored in Mylite 2's with either a half-back or full-back. As a general rule, the more valuable the book, the more likely it will be to have full-back board.

Some of the books are cracked-out CGC books. This was simply to fit the books in with the rest of my collection. These books have NOT been pressed or tampered with in any way. They were put directly into a Mylite 2 bag and board. They include their CGC label and still have the micro chamber paper in them.

Rules:

No one from the Hall of Shame or Probation list please.

First unconditional :takeit: gets the book.

Feel free to ask questions, but if someone throws up the :takeit: during our messaging discourse, they will get the book.

I plan on listing books tonight and on through tomorrow. If you see something you want but want to wait to pay until I'm done listing to see if you can save on combined shipping, that's fine, just let me know. All I ask is that after pulling the :takeit: trigger you not back out later. I'll make a post when I'm done listing.

Shipping:

U.S.

1-8 comics = $5.90 for Priority Mail flat rate envelope with Delivery Confirmation (yes, I know how to pack securely) ;)

9+ comics = $12.10 for Priority Mail flat rate medium size box with Delivery Confirmation

or

Parcel Post shipping (based on weight and zip code) in a box with Delivery Confirmation

International

At this time, I don't feel comfortable shipping outside the United States.

Payment:

Some of the books are being sold in lots that include shipping. If you purchase one of these lots along with other books, I can work out a discount for combined shipping

Paypal or money order

Returns:

I will gladly accept returns if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase.

AQUAMAN #6 cracked-out CGC VF

age toning to edges; slight impact bends/stressing to top left of book; wear to spine ends; ink wear to cover - appears to be from rollers during printing, thus a printing defect I guess

CGC blue label included with book

honestly, this doesn't look like a VF to me, more like F/VF, maybe VF-, priced accordingly

OSPG in VF = $85.00 price: $50.00

Aquaman6a.jpg

Aquaman6b.jpg

Aquaman6c.jpg

AQUAMAN #10 VF

wear to spine tips; 2 printers creases on back cover; faint scuffing/scratching spot approx. 3/8" diameter on left side of back cover between 2nd head and card box on advertisement , only shows when held in the right light; a couple of spots on upper left area of back cover, shows through on inside of back cover

OSPG in VF = $85.00 SOLD

AQUAMAN #42 cracked-out CGC VF/NM

faint foxing on spine edge; printers crease on back cover

CGC blue label included with the book

a really sweat copy, looks nicer than a VF/NM to me

OSPG in VF/NM = $55.00 price: $50.00

Aquaman42a.jpg

Aquaman42b.jpg

Aquaman42c.jpg