• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee Media sues Disney for billions over Marvel rights

28 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, Reuters news service pumps out stories to thousands of newspapers. Not sure how many people depend on Entertainment Weekly as their main souce of news.

I do agree 100% that this is the way to handle the byline for this story.

Unfortunately, Reuters news service pumps out stories to thousands of newspapers. Not sure how many people depend on Entertainment Weekly as their main souce of news.

I do agree 100% that this is the way to handle the byline for this story.

Even the LA Times story has a photo/text caption with Stan posing beside Spidey, but unless you read the article to the very last few paragraphs, you don't even know that SLM is also suing Lee.

Worse of which, the update at the bottom states:

A spokeswoman for Lee did not respond to a request for comment.

:facepalm:

Even the LA Times story has a photo/text caption with Stan posing beside Spidey, but unless you read the article to the very last few paragraphs, you don't even know that SLM is also suing Lee.

Worse of which, the update at the bottom states:

A spokeswoman for Lee did not respond to a request for comment.

:facepalm:

Wow! Sloppy L.A Times article.

A person doing a cursory glance would definitely think Stan is involved with this cesspool lawsuit! doh!

StanLeeMedia.jpg

If you thought Tony Moore was bitter, I introduce to you, Stan Lee.

:gossip:

"Stan Lee Media" isn't Stan Lee.

Most articles take pains to point out near the first line that stan lee media is not stan lee, but they can't resist headlines that make it sound otherwise.

So, if a comics geeks doesn't pick up on it, I imagine a high percentage of civilians out there haven't, either.

Right. And I recall that when SLM was throwing around lawsuits like rice at a wedding, there were suits against Stan Lee as well.

As a statement of correction, the writers should make it clear that Stan's not involved, as it seems the backlash to what SLM is doing is having a negative trickle effect on Stan's personal brand and reputation.

It's unfortunate that "Stan Lee Media, Inc." a bankrupt, defunct entity with which Stan Lee is no longer associated (and has not been for over a decade) is muddying up the Stan Lee brand, but there's really not much to be done about it. It is what it is. These "news stories" are just press-endorsed press releases by the people propping up the dead company and they are only too happy to see a little market confusion on Stan's role in their legal maneuvering resulting in negative blowback on Stan.

But hey, when your ringleader is a twice convicted felon currently serving a stretch in federal prison, well then, gentlemanly conduct cannot be expected.

Peter Paul was and is not just a d-bag con man but a festering boil on the azz of a d-bag con man

Right. And I recall that when SLM was throwing around lawsuits like rice at a wedding, there were suits against Stan Lee as well.

As a statement of correction, the writers should make it clear that Stan's not involved, as it seems the backlash to what SLM is doing is having a negative trickle effect on Stan's personal brand and reputation.

It's unfortunate that "Stan Lee Media, Inc." a bankrupt, defunct entity with which Stan Lee is no longer associated (and has not been for over a decade) is muddying up the Stan Lee brand, but there's really not much to be done about it. It is what it is. These "news stories" are just press-endorsed press releases by the people propping up the dead company and they are only too happy to see a little market confusion on Stan's role in their legal maneuvering resulting in negative blowback on Stan.

But hey, when your ringleader is a twice convicted felon currently serving a stretch in federal prison, well then, gentlemanly conduct cannot be expected.

Peter Paul was and is not just a d-bag con man but a festering boil on the azz of a d-bag con man

I was just telling mrwoogie by PM that Stan Lee's ex-partner proves that there's truth to the saying never trust someone with two first names