• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signatures at the NYCC

2 posts in this topic

or what do you mean I need tickets for Kirkman

I brought eight books for the signature series. Three were books I cracked myself after great trepidation. The only person on hand to sign was Chris Claremont, a very friendly fellow who i thanked for creating the team that started my comic book hobby. I was curious though on why he created such a team. The simple answer was that someone else was going to do it and if anyone should it should be him.I would like to interview him properly but my ability to properly transpose an interview is lacking.

My interview with Matt Nelson is taking a whole persona by itself. I saw some people that I see at shows regularly and instead of watching them pass by I started to interact. It wasn't that the show wasn't busy, it had quite a few people walking around, but it was nothing like last year, the problem is last year I went the last day and this was the first. I have to work Friday but Saturday I will once again be among those I resemble. I shall be ready with camera in hand doing my best to take photos like a photojournalist should, something I am not.

I was also able to pick up some books from World Wide Comics. I have purchased many books from this company and they have fast become one of the sites I check everyday. I met a few other collectors that walked with me for Chris Claremonts signature and after I mentioned to one of them he recognized my journal entry name, and pronounced it correctly, so Gerard if I remembered your name correctly I hope that not only are you reading this journal but you decided to enter your books too. I truly wish to see your collection.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

PS the Picture below is a small portion of that was brought to the show.

12237.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

Hey Lee, it's Gerard. It was nice meeting you at the con and it's good to put a face with the journals. I think I am going to start entering my books into the registry once I figure out how to do it.lol. But let me ask you, once something is sold I need to take it out, correct? I don't really keep thins to long anymore, at least voluntarily. Although I have been tempted to hold onto a few 9.8's because of the collector in me. What I do still collect is original art. I love getting sketches done at the convention. I have been collecting art since about 1989 and have never sold any of it. This con was a little difficult since it was NY and the prices were high but I did buy 2 from Perez and got a free Rorschach from Dave Gibbons.