• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Munsters fans, rejoice!

55 posts in this topic

Worst series remake ever.

:facepalm:

The Munsters Today (1987–1991)

Pretty sure the Bonnie Franklin who directed this is the same one who was the mom on "One Day At A Time".

You're right!

I didn't know that. After checking, I found that she was also in an episode of the original Munsters called "Herman's Sorority Caper" in 1966. This episode also included Ken Osmond, aka "Eddie Haskell" of Leave It to a Beaver fame.

Here's a few stills:

Munst56BonnieFranklinJanice.jpgMunst57CindyJanice.jpgMunst58HermansSororityCaper.jpg

Munst45DavidMacklinKenOsmond.jpgMunst44KenOsmondDavidMacklin.jpgko4.JPG

I heard an interview with John Astin and he said that the Munsters was cancelled, and the execs at Filmways got spooked and figured the Monster craze was over and pulled the plug on the Addams too. After only 2 seasons. Too bad. The Addams Family is so much more sophisticated than the idiotic Munsters

:baiting:

It was a neat show, but it ended oddly for a supposed one shot.

I enjoyed it a bunch. This wasn't in any way a one shot, it is the actual pilot episode so that is why it ended how it did. I wouldn't mind if the show was picked up.