• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell your Walking Dead books now! *hopefully no spoilers but you never know*

225 posts in this topic

It reminded me of 'Thriller'

You mean the most successful music video of all time that cost over $500,000 to produce in 1983, was directed by John Landis and featured makeup effects by 7 time Oscar Award winner Rick Baker?

That Thriller?

Sometimes.................I <3 you.

You mean the most successful music video of all time that cost over $500,000 to produce in 1983, was directed by John Landis and featured makeup effects by 7 time Oscar Award winner Rick Baker?

That Thriller?

Wasnt it a mil?

Landis did an interview and cleared that up.

Landis Talks Thriller

“It’s always exaggerated,” Landis said of the video’s cost. The Wikipedia article on “Thriller” claims it cost $800,000. Elsewhere, sums as high as $1 million have been cited.

“It ended up costing $500,000 — still enormous money at that time for that kind of thing,” Landis said. The average music video in those days ran about $50,000 to produce, and Jackson’s would cost 10 times that.

That Thriller?

Yes, and this was scary in 1922.

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

That, is still scary now. You can't be serious with this thread.

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

I already said I wasn't.

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

I already said I wasn't.

Surely, you jest? Were you raised in a lead painted room?

Sorry I know this is probably heresay but

What Blows is that this show keeps going on while The Planet Of The Apes tv show only lasted 13 episodes. Big friggin deal, some zombies get thier brains blown, pick axed out.

There is a violent content warning before the show but to me it is about as violent as stepping on cockroaches.

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

That the examples you are using are only successful in proving your premise incorrect.

Was that unclear?

It seemed clear.

What Blows is that this show keeps going on while The Planet Of The Apes tv show only lasted 13 episodes. Big friggin deal, some zombies get thier brains blown, pick axed out.

There is a violent content warning before the show but to me it is about as violent as stepping on cockroaches.

I had never seen Firefly, we've watched five episodes now, shame about that one too.

What planet are you from? Folks from this planet evolved into zombies. Your planet and TV show blow. You need an express pass back to the early 70's.

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

That the examples you are using are only successful in proving your premise incorrect.

Was that unclear?

It seemed clear.

Methinks along the same lines.

So many people think The Walking Dead bubble is going to burst, I wanted to be in on the first floor.

I'd love it to burst. I'd like a 9.8 copy for a sane price.

in your opinion what would be a sane price? Right now it's truely rediculous.

That Thriller?

Nosferatu4.jpg

What's your point?

Was that unclear?

It seemed clear.

I used two examples of hugely popular 'horror' images, that in their day were the best of the best. I don't think this television show measures up, I was trying to be ironic.

So many people think The Walking Dead bubble is going to burst, I wanted to be in on the first floor.

I'd love it to burst. I'd like a 9.8 copy for a sane price.

in your opinion what would be a sane price? Right now it's truely rediculous.

090803-17-dollarsnotapennymore.jpg