• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st cameo or 1st full appearance?

25 posts in this topic

But like I said, I just see this as totally separate from the issue of pricing. I'm not proposing any changes that make a difference to what people *perceive* as the start of a character. I'm just proposing that wherever the Guide says something like 1st cameo appearance or 1st app. (cameo) - which are ridiculous - we would just change it to say "1st brief appearance". Simple.

Arnold

I would welcome this change. Perhaps even say something like "Brief 1st app. (3 panels)" or "Brief 1st app. (1 panel)" to illustrate the extent to which the character appeared in the book. Then use "1st full app." for a full appearance that is recognized as such by the marketplace. Just my two cents.

Even though Ive never heard of Bruce Campbell I cant question that his appearance would be a cameo to his fans as well.

A Raimi Regular since the pre-pro days. Star of EVIL DEAD, EVIL DEAD II and ARMY OF DARKNESS, played Prince Of Thieves in XENA, played Brisco in the excellent but short-lived BRISCO COUNTY JR., played Jack in the so-so JACK OF ALL TRADES and also played the wrestling announcer in SPIDER-MAN.

In keeping with this topic, he had a cameo apearance at the very end of Darkman, after Darkman loses himself in the crowd, a figure turns around and looks back - and it is Campbell. Not unlike the Wings Hauser epic PALE BLOOD, in which the delightful Sybil Danning has a cameo of a similar nature at the very end of the film.

He also did the voice for the tutorial in the 1st Spider-man movie game. If you own the game, and skipped the tutorial...go back and check it out. thumbsup2.gif

He was at his best in EvilDead II abrucecampbell.jpg