• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 56 HG

9 posts in this topic

tough book to grade because it is yellow and the art. Yellow is a very tough color to grade with scans or pics. For some reasons, it can hide a lot of flaws. Now with all the lines with the arts and it make it doubly hard to look at the book.

I can see 9.4 but that is a big wag here...could be higher if the only flaw is that tick you mentioned.

9.6 is still possible if that is the only other flaw.

Here are my quick "rules" for 9.2 to 9.6 books as far as spine ticks.

if all else is flawless like razor sharp corners and edges.

spine ticks measure in 1/16" or so in size and they all break colors.

2 is allowable for 9.6

4 is allowable for 9.4

6 is allowable for 9.2

since size matter, it there is just one 1/2" cb crease by the spine then 9.4 max.

Yes, this is my own way to grade...no idea how CGC determines the grade.

I applied the rule above whenever I sub 9.2 to 9.8 books and got great results. often when I am wrong, it is on the low side. For example, I have had 9.6 with 3 to 4 spine ticks so the rules I created for myself is actually conservative.

Are there some NCB dents on the spine by the 'S' just under the price box? I noticed the ding beside spideys hand too. 9.2/9.6 is a bit of a gap but I can't see lower. Neat book.