• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONFESSIONS OF A FOMER LURCKER

55 posts in this topic

How i got here. It was at Wonder-Con in good-old SF. Colossus Comics Dealer's

table #S20 Sat May1st. Sound familiar to anyone yet? On a lark i filled out a raffel

ticket (really didn't even know what it was for) just having fan-boy fun. Came home late Sun-

to find i had gottin a call from a Steve Mortensen, saying i won the raffel(?). I really

thought this was one of my friends playing some kind of jock, i'm the type of person that

NEVER win anything. Well earlly Mon. May 4 i call. It's no jock!!! I'm told i've won a

CGC10.0 SPIDER-MAN #1 SILVER EDITION BY TODD McFARLAND!!!!

So a week goes by NO BOOK. Talk to my local mail dude (who turns out to be a hugh

McFarland fan-boy) say's he will ring my door as he does not want to put this out in

plain sight. One week later i am totally blown away when it comes. I'ed never seen a CGC

book before, so i Google to find out more. And so the lurcking begins. I find an article

dated 4/22 04 spelling out what this raffel and Colossus Comics is all about. But more i

see all this stuff about boards and stuff.

A lucker is born. I would read hole threads and lol or cry or just be confussed. I

read eveything i can to learn about the people here, and then "THE CALL"

NEW MEMBERS WANTED .

Some of you will see my tag-line"Out of the darkness and into the light" This to me is more

than just a tag-line after less than 30 post i feel like i found a group of friends just waitting

for me to be me. THANK YOU ALL FOR LETTING ME BE HERE .

Welcome ....

come out shy.gif come out... shy.gif

We dont bite... just alot of barking... stooges.gif

Z

p.s.

FFB.. your avatar(s).. 893applaud-thumb.gif.. but if you put lipstick on my Neal Adams Batman.. I will be forced to slug you... makepoint.gif

thanks i knew you would be one of the first to respond being that we are west costers

and both living in nor cal. i had to leave as witting that left me both drained and overcome

with emtions.I hope it will bring in more of the lurckers like me . Please come on boad as

the people here really care about members & comics.

Welcome ....

come out shy.gif come out... shy.gif

We dont bite... just alot of barking... stooges.gif

Z

p.s.

FFB.. your avatar(s).. 893applaud-thumb.gif.. but if you put lipstick on my Neal Adams Batman.. I will be forced to slug you... makepoint.gif

Kenny,

I thought about it long and hard and decided not to. I still remember how excited you were when you got it and I wouldn't want to defile it in any way. Even though the other ones I made are all in good fun, there is something inviolable about a Neal Adams drawing.

What's sad is, now I cant look at my Avatar .. without picturing ol Bats wearing lipstick!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

Thanks alot for that image !!

27_laughing.gif...seriously tho...

all is fair here on the boards.. not like you were gona defile the original..

Z

27_laughing.gif...seriously tho...

all is fair here on the boards.. not like you were gona defile the original..

Z

OK, since you put it that way....

batman.jpg

NNNNNNOOOOOOOO NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sick twisted freak defiller IS NOTHING SACRED?

by the way there are overe 28 people out looking in ....... please jump in

hey - - how do you get avatars to animate like that??

You download a free gif animator from the internet then teach yourself how to use it. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how, but now adding one to the queue takes about two minutes. Go to google and search for "gif animator" and you'll find a million of them.