• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bank Safety Deposit Box for Blue Chips?

53 posts in this topic

House is alarmed and so is the safe. It's also bolted to the floor. I know thieves can get into anything if they have the time, but I prefer my books close by. Just my opinion though.

Mine is similar. Fully loaded, I'd say it's about 500+lbs. The gauge of the steel is satisfactory. Located in the basement where it would be near impossible to walk off with. Actually had the safe put in before construction was complete.

safe.jpg

I am a little paranoid about moisture though, which is why I have 5 mini dehumidiers in there as well. Thought about getting a bigger one, but I'm not sure how I'd get this one out and the other one in at this point.

NIce set up. The one thing I did was cut a 3/4" piece of plywood the same shape as the bottom and used it as a template. I lined up where I wanted it to allow for the door to swing all the way open. I then drilled through the safe and the plywood to score the floor holes.

Then used a hammer drill to drill the concrete and mount the Red Hook anchors. Then lined up the holes in the plywood safe and cranked it down. I just figured this would keep a barrier between the concrete and metal and reduce moisture coming up from the slab.

Yes it is, do you see that its vacant? :baiting:

lol

That book was a 5.5 Brave & Bold #29 submitted by me before I got educated. Recently was cracked and came back 6.5 from CGC. I was so shocked. :whistle:

Wow! You guys with your safes,and safety deposit boxes.I guess I just live in a really good area,nobody ever gets robbed in Anaheim Hills.I do have collectibles Insurance,but I just keep my books on shelves in my bedroom out in the open.I really love to have my books where I can get to em.

Wow! You guys with your safes,and safety deposit boxes.I guess I just live in a really good area,nobody ever gets robbed in Anaheim Hills.I do have collectibles Insurance,but I just keep my books on shelves in my bedroom out in the open.I really love to have my books where I can get to em.

Same for me, I want to be able to get to my books at all times and if they were in the bank or some such, I dont think that I would bother having them.

Mine are in my comic rooms only protected by my crossed fingers and house alarm.

I do like the safes full of guns though. (thumbs u

Same for me, I want to be able to get to my books at all times and if they were in the bank or some such, I dont think that I would bother having them.

Mine are in my comic rooms only protected by my crossed fingers and house alarm.

House alarm?

So the thieves are gone with your books before the cops show up, great idea!

House alarm?

That's what insurance is for brother.I don't think I can collect something that I can't get to anytime my collecting heart desires.Besides anyone with enough balls to get passed me,deserves to have them.I don't think I'll be needing any guns either. :devil:

House alarm?

I live 1/4 mile from the main area command police station, so yes probably all books gone before they show up. lol

There isnt a bank big enough that could hold my books and if there was I couldnt afford to keep them there.