• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats this worth? Hulk 181 3.0, no MVS

24 posts in this topic

Try this: a book missing a cutout part is an incomplete book, and thus a PR/FR in grade at best. Pick up the average selling price of a, say, 6.0 book and make the proportion according to the guide.

On comicspriceguide.com a F is around 320 USD and a FR/PR about 12 USD, considered now a F sells for about 550/600 USD I’d say no more than 30 USD (and it’s already a lot, to me, since you won’t be finding a loose page with the stamp by chance: it’s not like a coverless book, it’s somewhat worse).

yeah, but the market does not treat these books this way...GA superhero books, these sorts of keys, a clipped coupon doesn't make it sell for FR/PR.

Try this: a book missing a cutout part is an incomplete book, and thus a PR/FR in grade at best. Pick up the average selling price of a, say, 6.0 book and make the proportion according to the guide.

On comicspriceguide.com a F is around 320 USD and a FR/PR about 12 USD, considered now a F sells for about 550/600 USD I’d say no more than 30 USD (and it’s already a lot, to me, since you won’t be finding a loose page with the stamp by chance: it’s not like a coverless book, it’s somewhat worse).

CGC disagrees. It would get a Green Label Qualified Grade.

BTW- the missing stamp appears in several other issues, so its not that difficult to " restore" it.

I understand, but CGC can disagree as much as it wants, the "Qualified Grade" looks just like a caveat not to state a book is incomplete or the like.

I skip the idea of "restoring" a cut out coupon, can’t see the point. If it is meant as a simple, reading, low grade copy, it’s fine.

I just won’t buy it even for 20 bucks. I have bought a super-cool Gerber 8 golden age superhero book for less than 50 USD. ;)

Why wouldn't you pay $20 for something that sells all day long for $100++ in that condition?

ohh yea id do $50 all day long for that one. and the copy that had the marker all over it kills me. although im guessing some kid had a lot of fun. i guess he didnt like marvels inking job on that issue lol

Would that get a PlOD for color touch? :)