• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hobby of the future

82 posts in this topic

ComicWiz, I agree fully. I have seen a GS X-Men #1 in 9.6 with rusty staples because it was kept in an extremely humid enviroment. I also saw the seller of this item, claim that because the holder was 'intact,' that the grade obviously was legit. There are no 'guarantees' as to how an item will be 'stored' once it leaves a grading facilities location. It is the owner; the preserver of the item, to ensure the item stays in the said condition. Any item entombed in plastic or acrylic still needs proper storage. This is one area of the collecting community that is completely neglected.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Following the points I made earlier on holders and cases, here's an interesting link discussing why plastics on consoles and vintage computers yellow. Anyone ever go back and check the way their sportscard top loaders yellowed? The brands which used a blue pigment still managed to get yellowed, but not as badly as the clear ones.