• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOWER PRICES! Scarce Fiction House, Journey into Fear, Startling - more added

79 posts in this topic

What was it Hannibal Lecter said before chopping off his own hand? Oh yes,

"This is really going to hurt!"

FIGHT COMICS #40 7.0/7.5 (cant quite decide!) C-OW. Quite glossy. Tight book, strong spine. No wear at staple. Very thin, light foxing/dust shadow across top few mm of front cover. Some extremely light stains along bottom few mm of back cover. Very slight ripple bottom left quadrant is easily pressable - but you hardly know it's there - I've owned the book for twenty years and just noticed it!

Trying hard to list everything I see but in fact this is really a very sweet copy.

Let's try this at $550 but will consider counters - I believe it was Comicconnect who sold the 8.5 listed in GPA for $827 in May. I think I'm right in saying some of these Fights in the #30's are being quite fiercely contended in recent auctions. I'd also say this one is comparatively scarce in such nice shape.

Let's see how long this one lasts (stopwatch at the ready)! One...two...SOLD!

FightComics4065.jpg

PLANET COMICS #14 GOOD MINUS C-OW $375 SOLD!

Front cover much nicer than the back. FC is glossy with deep colors. Staples are tight, pages are Supple. 1" chunk out of top of BC. 1" tear on left hand edge of BC, which has folded over and then been folded back. I count three worm holes: two come in through the right handedge of the pages; one is visible coming in through the top left hand corner. They all stay pretty much to the periphery however.

One of the scarcest issues, so priced accordingly but will listen to counters. Now guess which issue I am listing next?

PlanetComics1420.jpg

PLANET14BC.jpg

PLANET COMICS #15 GOOD MINUS C-OW $500 SOLD!

Appears to have been part of a bound colume, has a couple of goles running through the book near the spine. 1" tear on right hand edge also on first couple of pages, appears to have been taped on interior cover, though tape cleanly removed. Smsl piece of tape to bottom of interior FC near spine appears unnecessary.\Main problems are with the s[ine, which has a couple os splits, one beteen the staples is quite long. Bottom staple is detached. Top staple has piece out, but is holding at the back.

There are some major plusses, however! Cover is glossy, with strong eye appeal, and the paper is nice. The book can be safely handled and enjoyed with no fear of further damage.

The asking price is close to what I paid for it.

In case you are new to Planet Comics, this is widely acknowledged to be the rarest issue.

PlanetComics1520.jpg

PLANET15BC.jpg

SUPER-MYSTERY V2 #2 8.0 OW/W Larson pedigree. $625 $525 Classic rollercoaster cover. Typical Larson foxing. Light rust to bottom staple, which has popped. Otherwise beautiful, glossy and sharp. with lovely paper. A fabulous book - and like all the early Ace titles, phenomenally scarce.

super-mysteryv22larson-1.jpg

PLANET COMICS #14 GOOD MINUS C-OW $375

Front cover much nicer than the back. FC is glossy with deep colors. Staples are tight, pages are Supple. 1" chunk out of top of BC. 1" tear on left hand edge of BC, which has folded over and then been folded back. I count three worm holes: two come in through the right handedge of the pages; one is visible coming in through the top left hand corner. They all stay pretty much to the periphery however.

One of the scarcest issues, so priced accordingly but will listen to counters. Now guess which issue I am listing next?

PlanetComics1420.jpg

PLANET14BC.jpg

:frustrated::takeit:

FIGHT COMICS #7 4.0 C/OW Rare! Classic cover! One of the two or three toughest issues, CGC has only graded a couple - as I recall in significantly lower grade than this copy.

Asking $300, what I paid. Cant overemphasise how tough this book is!

All things considered, a very attractive copy for the grade - it's a bright, glossy copy with great cover colours. Tiny chip to right hand edge; top staple partially detached (holding firm at the back).Very small, very light water stain on back cover reading edge, 2"x 0.25" is also visible on the inside cover. Similar stain to interior of front cover in no was visible on front cover. The book does not quite lay flat, owing to improper storage. Some indication that the book was once in the presence of moisture. As can be seen none of this shows in the scan, which just indicates how light these problems are!

FightComics640.jpg

:takeit:

^^

PLANET COMICS #14 GOOD MINUS C-OW $375

PlanetComics1420.jpg

PLANET14BC.jpg

:frustrated::takeit:

^^

FIGHT COMICS #40 7.0/7.5 (cant quite decide!) C-OW. Quite glossy. Tight book, strong spine. No wear at staple. Very thin, light foxing/dust shadow across top few mm of front cover. Some extremely light stains along bottom few mm of back cover. Very slight ripple bottom left quadrant is easily pressable - but you hardly know it's there - I've owned the book for twenty years and just noticed it!

Trying hard to list everything I see but in fact this is really a very sweet copy.

Let's try this at $550 but will consider counters - I believe it was Comicconnect who sold the 8.5 listed in GPA for $827 in May. I think I'm right in saying some of these Fights in the #30's are being quite fiercely contended in recent auctions. I'd also say this one is comparatively scarce in such nice shape.

Let's see how long this one lasts (stopwatch at the ready)! One...two...

FightComics4065.jpg

per pm.... :takeit: I'll be eating spaghetti for the next month because of this beauty.

Let's see how long this one lasts (stopwatch at the ready)! One...two...

FightComics4065.jpg

per pm.... :takeit: I'll be eating spaghetti for the next month because of this beauty.

^^

FIGHT #39 8.0 C-OW $650 This copy has high gloss, nice pages, white back cover and a near faultless spine.

FightComics3970.jpg

......and as fine an example of a "headlight" cover this side of Phantom Lady 17....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u