• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post-code pre-hero thread.

33 posts in this topic

I should have put a comma inbetween post-code and pre-hero when I started the thread. I meant for it to showcase post-code books, by any publisher, that were by definition published too late to be defined as Golden Age, but due to subject matter, have little in common with what we usually think of as Silver Age

Ahhh! In that case I definitetly retract my observation. And your effort is a fine one! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks all...They are probably in F/VF or better?...A "couple" of pixels were filled in on the Mystery Tales, but the Mystical Tales I hardly "touched" ...I forget where and when Igot them, probably e-bay. I was looking for both, especially the Mystical Tales #4,

Eric

Nobody said it had to be a horror book!

Errrrrrrrrrr..............well..........no. smile.gif

But the term pre-hero actually refers to only four titles:

Strange Tales (in which 101 brought us the SA Human Torch - well didn't exactly BRING it to us - he already WAS in FF #1). I like to think of ST 110 (1st Doc Strange) as the real key).

Journy Into Mystery #83 - 1st app of THOR

Tales To Astonish #27 - first app of Henry Pym/soon to be Ant Man

Tales of Suspense #39 - first app of Iron Man.

And my apologies in advance. Am sure you know all this but heck! We got to preserve the pre-hero thang!

::edited cause I actually said STRANGE TALES 39 instead of TOS! I feel so POV! frown.gif

Hey POV. Don't forget DC had some post code, pre hero stuff too. My Greatest Adventure & Mystery in Space come to mind. Am I wrong? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sam - I used to collect all Atlas pre/post horror. Had a near complete collection. I remember those covers but needed to bne reminded of them. There are some mighty fine things in the post-code all right!!!!!!!!!!

I have great memories of them as well, as my aunt and uncle had many late 50's - early 60's comics, 90% of which were the horror type...I still remember a Tales To Astonish #27 and an Amazing Spider-Man #3...They were all thrown out in the early 70's,

Eric

Hey POV. Don't forget DC had some post code, pre hero stuff too. My Greatest Adventure & Mystery in Space come to mind. Am I wrong?

You be spot on. And don't forget House of Mystery!

You are the man! BTW, I ordered the books you suggested concering Horror books on another thread. I look forward to reading about each publisher! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif