• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP FLATROCK02 (MIKE FORRESTER)

137 posts in this topic

Well Mike, I knew you were sick, and I'm so sorry to hear about your passing. I'll miss you coming into the shop and b.s.ing, I'll miss watching your daughter talk you into buying one more comic or getting one more gumball.

>

>

>

It saddens me to see another friend of mine die because of cigarettes. A loving wife and young daughter are now searching for a way to cope.

Please, anyone who smokes, please, think about yourself, your family, your friends.

Mike didn't have to pass on now, neither do you. Stop now before it's too late.

>

>

>

Bye Mike, I'll miss you

:(

Went back and looked to make sure I had bought from Mike before. Our last PM conversation was almost a year ago. He said that things had been "crazy" and "busy" and I agreed considering that I just had my second child. He congratulated me and sent me some free books as a gift. Really appreciated that.

Very, very sad about Mike, he was an unbelievably kind soul...his wife called me just as the hurricane hit and I think the two incidents went together...

I would love to help, but I will not have power for a while, they are talking another 7-10 days...and my cell phone is going to die...I can read emails, but not respond unless I hook this laptop up to the hotspot and it powers down the phone too quickly. Verizon is apparently under water. So if you email/pm me for information, I can't answer...can get phone calls and Larry and Dave both have my #, so if you want me to ask Pauline something, I can call her.

Both Larryw7 and thehumantorch have Mike's PP address...as does Shark, and a few other people.

I spoke to his wife, Pauline, yesterday...she said that he had a blood transfusion and then hemmoraged, (sp) they said the cause of death was hemmoraging...(sp)

Pauline is not computer literate... so PMs and emails will not get to her...although I promised to send Mackensie, their 11 year old daughter a link to this thread when I'm back online, so she can share it with her mom.

I do have a physical address for cards...but it's on my other computer, so perhaps, Dave or Shark, can share that with you as well.

Perhaps someone can post this on the Gold/Silver donation thread as well.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5957562&fpart=129

I kept meaning to update the other thread to help Mike's widow and child, but as Jack mentioned, the weather had some other ideas.

If you would like to help out, they sure could use some assistance.