• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone from UK bought from E.Gerber before?

44 posts in this topic

Hi, i heard about this site for mylar supplies on these forums at http://www.egerber.com/ and so i rang then up asking for shipping to the UK, but the woman at the phone was VERY unhelpful, i asked her for shipping to Uk she said we can't tell you till you place an order, give us ur credit card details first!!! which seemed a bit dodgy... so i asked her if i could cancel the order if i'm not happy with the shipping rates, then she paused for a while and said "Sir, are you going to place an order or not!" in an very rude manner... so i said "i just want to ask about the prices then i will decide later", now i ask about how long will it take to ship my good after place an order, again she said she did know, so i said do u know very roughly how much shipping will be to UK, she said she doesn't know.... she doesnt seem t know anything, so i just gave up and said thank you, bye.

any1 else from uk ordered from them? if so how did u found there customer service? and can i trust them with my credit card info? thanks guys, bye.

ps. i wanted 700M2 * 400 (current comics mylites 2)

and 675FB (current comics fullbacks)

I'm not surprised by your story...

The last time i asked them (by mail) for shipping cost to France, it was really crazy.

Ask Lighthouse on this forum, depending on the amount of mylar sleeves you need, he'll ship them using one or several global priority mail envelope (i think that 75 Mylites 2 can fit in one envelope).

hmm, what do you mean realy crazy? did they tell you the shipping rates without forcing you to place an order with your credit crad details.... just seems a bit stupid to me.

anyway i want 400 my lites 2's and 400 full backs backing boards smile.gif

He will have the stuff you want, contact him through the link I gave you then send him a PM (unless he gets to you first!). No problems, and fast shipping too, I can vouch for his service. thumbsup2.gif

FYI, Lighthouse quote me, a few days ago, the following prices for 500 Mylites and 500 full backs backing boards:

"The Mylites2 and Full-Backs come to $165. So with Surface Mail your total is $225.00 (if you wanted Air it would be $330)" © Lighthouse 2004 grin.gif

The backing boards are a real pain for the shipping cost... frown.gif

My advice will be: Buy the Mylar sleeves with him, and try to find some boards in UK.

thanks for all the help guys smile.gif, i have PM'd him about the mylar mylites 2 sleeves i wanted, i need 400 of them, and i think i will try and find boards in the UK... fingers crossed for good shipping rates 893applaud-thumb.gif again, thanks for the help!

I got board prices that were actually better than most in the UK. But if you want to stay in the UK then I think incognito are the ones that have a maximum shipping cost of £8, see the archival section of their website.

hmm, really? well i'll wait for the reply and see wha he quotes me on 400 of each, but hopefuly it will be cheaper, cheers.

ps. are you going to the comic thing in london on 1/8 this year? the national market place or something, i think i might give it a go.

27_laughing.gif, i just need them asap, i have lots of comics that are not even protected!!!! i just dont want to buy some crapy bags and then throw them away once i get he mylars, so im waiting for the mylars without anything on the comics confused-smiley-013.gif

i want my mylars! 893frustrated.gifgrin.gif

EDIT: 27_laughing.gif, just found this on hes ebay store front, just my luck.....

I will be out of town for nine days to set up at the San Diego Comic-Con. I am leaving on the 19th and returning late on the 27th. No packages will be shipped during this time, and I will only have limited email access. Thanks for understanding!

FYI, Lighthouse quote me, a few days ago, the following prices for 500 Mylites and 500 full backs backing boards:

"The Mylites2 and Full-Backs come to $165. So with Surface Mail your total is $225.00 (if you wanted Air it would be $330)" © Lighthouse 2004 grin.gif

The backing boards are a real pain for the shipping cost... frown.gif

My advice will be: Buy the Mylar sleeves with him, and try to find some boards in UK.

There's a comicbook shop in Paris selling Mylites2, but no Gerber boards.

I personnally have ordered some Mylites2 and Half-backs from Lighthouse, sent via surface shipping. The shipping fee are still a pain in the neck crazy.gif

I placed an order with Bill Cole a few months ago, most of

which had to be shipped to Europe. Their web site listed

shipping quotes which was very helpful. I ended up paying

around $600 shipping for an order worth about twice that.

I used air for lighter items (boxes, ...) and surface for

mylars. Looked into all shipping options but regular USPS

surface/air was cheapest.

Just bite the bullet and buy everything from Gerber. I buy from them every two months. They are a little rough in CS, but just turn on that old British charm. As to shipping they charge you exactly what it costs them - they are a square, reputable vendor, with an A-1 quality product. So stop your whining, stiff upper lip, and place that order! sumo.gif