• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mixed thread -- CLOSED

53 posts in this topic

I have started a new thread in the Mixed Age section, so those which may be interested in the italian editions may notice it:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6127058#Post6127058

If you see something of interest either here or there, of course we’ll combine postage. Feel free to PM me for any question. :foryou:

Recap with price reductions:

Albi d’Oro #345 (1952) GVG OW - I 7 Nani Buoni contro i 7 Nani Cattivi. Another pretty uncommon italian item. This is the second follow-up to the Snow White comic adaptation. It’s the eigth story of the few written by Federico Pedrocchi, pioneer of our renowned Disney comics' "school", with beautiful art by Nino Pagot, and it features the introduction of the evil counterparts to the Seven Dwarves. The earliest Pedrocchi story (and very first italian Donald Duck story, predating Barks) has been adapted and published in english on Donald Duck #286. Still unpublished in the US, and very likely will remain so. First comic book edition of the story, originally presented in the oversized journal "Paperino" in 1939. I.N.D.U.C.K.S. link: http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=it/AO+52345#b - For Snow White and classic Disney fans alike.

Low grade copy with taped spine, nice paper. - Asking $40 now $35

Hmm, this is interesting... :takeit: if you'll help me with some Italian nuances in the translation.

Recap with price reductions:

Albi d’Oro #345 (1952) GVG OW - I 7 Nani Buoni contro i 7 Nani Cattivi. Another pretty uncommon italian item. This is the second follow-up to the Snow White comic adaptation. It’s the eigth story of the few written by Federico Pedrocchi, pioneer of our renowned Disney comics' "school", with beautiful art by Nino Pagot, and it features the introduction of the evil counterparts to the Seven Dwarves. The earliest Pedrocchi story (and very first italian Donald Duck story, predating Barks) has been adapted and published in english on Donald Duck #286. Still unpublished in the US, and very likely will remain so. First comic book edition of the story, originally presented in the oversized journal "Paperino" in 1939. I.N.D.U.C.K.S. link: http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=it/AO+52345#b - For Snow White and classic Disney fans alike.

Low grade copy with taped spine, nice paper. - Asking $40 now $35

Hmm, this is interesting... :takeit: if you'll help me with some Italian nuances in the translation.

A million thanks sir! (worship)

You’ll love it. It’s an amazing story and I would love to see it published in english some day, as well as the other early Pedrocchi pioneering works. It’s an uncommon issue and I paid about 100 USD for my higher grade copy.

BTW, some of the translators of the italian stories published by Gladstone/Gemstone are friends of mine, which also collaborate to the new Fantagraphics Gottfredson Mickey edition. :gossip: