• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Best of the Best sketch website!

85 posts in this topic

Nice! Very cool of you to put that together. As soon as we get a Best of the Best Rogue contest, I think I might have a shot having one of mine up there!

Thanks! I'm sure you will Dr. Balls! Can't wait to see it!

Awesome work you did there :applause:

Thanks Kevin! I only wish it will be a little useful to peoples.

Also it would be cool if everybody that win a "Best of the Best" would link their logo to the actual "Best of the Best" page on the site. hm

I just update the site with the new Carnage best of.

I still need to do the Remark Sketch categorie but this one is so big it will take time :)

I also add on the main page, under each Best of the Best logos, the link of each best of sketch thread of the the CGC forum. That way when someone want to challenge a sketch, he will not have to browse all the board to found it.

BTW if you got comments or suggestions, they are welcome! Thanks! :)

:news:

Final day to submit challenges for the 2012 calender year is 12/17/12. Polls for any Challenges after that date, will not be posted until 2013. For a list of categories that can be challenged see http://www.cgcsketch.com/. So if you are wanting to challenge this year, get it and the required nomination ASAP.

Also please keep rule #7 in mind before posting a challenge:

"One Month after being declared the winner, A sketch may challenge for the title. The new challenger(s) must be nominated by 3 board members. In the event of multiple challengers wanting to take on the champ, they will first compete against each other in a battle royal. The winner of the battle royal will then get a title shot at the existing champ. "

:news:

(cross posted since not everyone reads the main discussion thread)

NEW UPDATE!

We got one new Deadpool champ + a new Batman challenger.

Now both SecretSon and Worldsbestcomics got each 4 Best of the Best sketch. (worship)

And Clayton Crain is the master with 5 Best of the Best sketch! :applause:

As always if you got comments on the site or ideas to change or add things, PM me ;)

Hi everybody!

I just updated the cgcsketch.com website with new challengers and a new champ.

The site must be up to date for the big surprise that starpc is working on :applause:

So please, if you notice any errors, see some sketch missing or if you got better resolution of one of your sketch, please PM me :grin:

Thanks!

The new Best of Zombie page is already up along the logo. We only need the winner :)

BotB_Zombie_R.png

I also made some slightly changes on the website, again if you see any errors (bad spelling, wrong sketch, etc.) please PM me.

Your suggestions to ameliorate the website is also always welcome, thanks! (thumbs u

OK I finally been able to FULLY update the cgcsketch.com website.

All the categories and challenger are up to date. So if you see any errors please PM me.

I also place a little facebook app on the right of the home page to follow what categorie or challenger is currently in action.

I just want to remind you that the cgcsketch.com website is the place the got all the Best of the best trophy logos and see when you can challenge a categorie. It's also a good place to look at ALL the marvelous comics sketch :cloud9:

Thank you!

Hello everyone!

Just a quick post again to mention that the cgcsketch.com is up to date, I just add the last Magneto Best of categorie. All the challengers and sketch should be there. If you notice any error or would like to sent me a better scan of one of your sketch, simply PM me.

As always I am open to suggestions to make the site better, add new things or anything you might think would be cool. This site if for all the fans of CGC SS sketch and help display and show our love of sketch :)

Thanks!

Just a quick post to say that I finally fully UPDATE the cgcsketch.com website.

As a reminder and for the new ones, on this site, you can found ALL things related to our "Best of the Best" competition. Such as rules, link to each sketch forum categorie etc.

On the main page I place in the upper left corner the date showing every time I will update the site.

Also on the main page, under each trophy logo, you will see a link name "CGC FORUM' that link directly here to the Best of category. More easy to found that way.

In each Best of page, you can see the current winner along the date so that you know when the 30 days limit to challenge is over. And of course all the past sketch winner with the name of the artist and name of the board members that got it.

I make a little logo that link to the site. So you are all welcome to display it in your signature if you want :)

cgcsketchDOTcom74v2.png

[url=http://www.cgcsketch.com][img=http://www.cgcsketch.com/images/cgcsketchDOTcom74v2.png][/url] 

And speaking of logo, I notice that its not ALL winners that got the Best of trophy logo in their signature. Can you please update it. We work hard to make this competition work and it please me seing them and also, more importantly, it show WHO hold the current title. I understand some don't like to got anything in their signature and its ok, but for those that simply forget it, please update your signature :)

The only thing that need to be done is the 2 times or more trophy winner and some Fallen one. You can found all the logos here ...

http://cgcsketch.com/logos.htm

.. and by simply clicking on one the BBcode will appear to be copy/past and ready to place in your forum signature.

If you notice any mistake or error on the site, please PM me so that I can correct them.

One last thing, we talk lately the importance of having a photo/scan of the sketch winner being graded. Some on the website already show it and other we simply need to click on the photo to see it graded. There is still some missing, so if you can PM me a photo of your winning sketch graded. The vote to clarify this and the time limit will be held soon when kaholo will got the time.

BTW I just notice this morning by checking the new post on the CGC forum, that many of you add the cgcsketch.com logo to their signature. :whee:

Just want to say a big thanks to all of you ... john91C, Worldsbestcomics, Kaholo1256, mwolfson22, zoso20 and others I might have miss :)

This is really cool!

I appreciate your hard work on the website Erik.

Your site is a great resource when I am searching for ideas. And it is so much easier to navigate your site than try to find all the old threads here and page through them. Plus, many of the sketches are no longer available in the threads because the original posters have changed or deleted the links.